REvision info please

SilentFlame
on 12/28/05 10:46 am - Peterborough, Canada
Hi Guys! Its been awhile since I have been active in these boards. I did very well when I had my surgery a few years back and lost almost 100 lbs. Problem is, I have gained most of it back with traumatic couple years in my life with a house fire, several deaths and stressful relationship. I have been reading a bit about revisions and have contacted my family doctor about it. I have to stop by and sign some release forms for my medical history from the hospital in Toronto that did my procedure. My surgeon has since retired which has left me in somewhat of a pickle. My family doctor said that I would likely have to pay for a revision. Is this true? I read on here some people are having theirs paid for, can someone tell me the criteria that needs to be passed for OHIP here in Ontario to cover the procedure? Also, are there any surgeons here that do the revision? Thanks a bunch!
RobinH
on 12/29/05 6:02 am - Mustang, OK
Hi, I am sending you a link to the yahoo revision group. They are wonderful and have lots of information. I know there is a girl Kimmy from Canada that had a revision. I know she came to the states to have this done. Good Luck!! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSrevisionsupport/
hessie28
on 12/29/05 11:00 am
Hi, My insurance paid for the revision out of network. Had to appeal it almost a year first. As long as it is medically necessary the insurance should pay.
Most Active
Recent Topics