Self Pay Revision

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/05 8:03 pm - IN
I was wondering if some of you can give me some details about self paying for a revision. I lost 255 lbs in 18 months with the Sapala Wood micro pouch. That was in May 1999,i have since gained almost 100 lbs back I need a revision but have no insurance so will have to self pay. now do they make you go through all the waiting and samd tests and things as they do WLS? Any insight will be appreciated . Tell me about your Revision from the testing to the surgery and if there was any complications...Thank you in advance Val
FOGHORN
on 12/30/05 1:44 am - sweet home, OR
hi val, i just had a open rny revision oct 26. i had to do even more tests this time. but everything came out fine. down 70 pounds after two plus months. sometimes surgeons will give you a better price if you are self pay. worth asking. my doctor and his program out here is fantastic, lots of support. this is vital to keep the juices flowing and energy up. i am 57 years old so i was on the the age side. they found my sleep apnea before the surgery on one of the tests. wow what a life saver in its own sake. i believe this alone helped me fly thru surgery. my co morbidities all have left. diabetis, blood pressure, knees all in line with no more pills. wow. just follow the drs orders and keep very pro active in all areas, you are the boss here, and you should do fine. this rny is certainly a full life committment and should be approached as a final committment. by the way i was born in gary, indiana, raised in noblesville as a kid before moving west to calif and now retirement in oregon. where is andrews, indiana? best dave poto
ASC
on 1/1/06 6:40 am - Alvin, TX
Hi,Val, I am having a revision on Wednesday the 4th to a DS with Dr.Ungson in Mexico. I will be paying because my ins. co. will not. They will pay for RNY but I don't want that. Dr. Ungson wanted some blood work and an Upper GI, which I had done a year or so ago and he accepted that report. I had a VBG in 1984 and was starting to gain my weight back. Good luck on whatever you decide. Ann
Most Active
Recent Topics