Recent Posts

Kathy8429
on 11/18/17 3:24 am
Topic: No preop diet

i am having a revision of my sleeve due to GERD. the surgeon said the 2 week preop diet wasn't necessary but she didn't tell me if I did need to do anything except nothing after midnight. Has anyone had a revision without needing the 2 week preop diet? What did you do

thanks kathy

BluIzGal
on 11/17/17 9:25 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12
Topic: RE: Candy Cane Roux Limb - cross post

Thanks for the info. I wish you a speedy recovery!

LizzyM
on 11/17/17 9:10 am
Topic: Sleeve to bypass with Medicare

has anyone been approved through Medicare for sleeve to RNY?i originally lost 136lbs, but now have about 70 to lose to reach my goal. I meet the guidelines except being obese for the last 5 years. I started regaining about 3 years ago. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Liz

7 lbs. lost preop included in total
FirstLadyPrez1
on 11/17/17 8:36 am - CT

Recovery has been ok. Just has pains basically. I don't have an appetite at all and i haven't felt nauseous or anything. Yes, my pouch was stretched and full of scar tissue. My surgery was on Monday 11/13 and i was discharged on Wednesday 11/15. I am currently on the liquid phase of my plan. It's been ok this far. I'm not hungry at all.

BluIzGal
on 11/17/17 7:25 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

How has the recovery been? Did you have to go through the various eating phases again? Was your stoma stretched? I had a lot of issues with infection post op the first time around and am afraid to have surgery but the 20 or more runs a day for temporary relief barely cuts it. Regular meds for heart burn aren't working. Is it Day surgery or were you in hospital for a couple of days?

racemomss
on 11/17/17 5:40 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12
Topic: RE: Battling Hunger at almost 3 months out.

I am so glad to know I am not the only one with this. I have actually been considering it may be the acid. I had it bad before the revision. It may be a life long issue for me. It is hard to stick to the plan. I do great with eating protein first, not drinking during meals, and staying away from sweets and carbs but I am so hungry it feels like. I haven't had anything not sit right or get stuck. I will be asking my doctor about acid for sure. Thank you so much for encouraging words. :)

racemomss
on 11/17/17 5:38 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

At this point I will try anything. I am snacky and hungry throughout the day. It is hard to keep my hands away from food. I had really thought I would have restriction more now than I did from the sleeve. But I can eat more now!

Laura in Texas
on 11/17/17 3:22 am

It could be acid. Ask your doctor.

I had RNY 9 years ago. I have felt hunger since day 1, but it has not prevented me from getting to goal and staying here. I can also eat an enormous amount of food. Sometimes I do, but most of the time I stick to my plan. I am determined to keep the weight off.

Mind over matter. You can do this!!

Laura in Texas

51 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); CW: 140 (BMI=22)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"If what you're doing doesn't work, change what you're doing - don't complain that it doesn't work."

FirstLadyPrez1
on 11/16/17 6:58 pm - CT

Hello there! I just had revision on 11/13 and my dr told me that i had the candy cane syndrome. He cut it off as a part of my revision . I also had horrible tissue scarring in my pouch .. so not sure if i am answering your questions but it does exist and my dr removed it.

Maggiemay44
on 11/16/17 5:30 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Band Revision-Insurance only covers removal

Thank you for your response. You've given me a lot to think about and discuss with my surgeon. It looks like I have some more research to do. I really do appreciate the feedback.

Most Active
Recent Topics