Recent Posts

ChegraHall
on 9/23/17 8:54 am
Revision on 11/08/17
Topic: Gastric Bypass revision due to stricture of gastrojejunostomy

I had a laproscopic RNY back in 2005 (Dr. Weiner, Germany) and only lost roughly 60 pounds from the surgery. Over the years, I have had a considerable amount of heartburn and GERD and have gained all but about 10 pounds of my weight back. I am having a revision (Annapolis, MD) on November 8. The doctor says my revision is due to stricture of the gastrojejunostomy. He says my surgery will be laproscopic with six small incisions and he will be removing a portion of my stomach so that my pouch is smaller.

I have not been able to find a lot of information on this type of revision and am wandering if anyone else has had this procedure and their weight loss following. I am really nervous. My next appt is not until Oct 24, and I am so anxious I can't wait till that long to get more answers.

Any input????

Scared.

racemomss
on 9/22/17 1:59 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12
Topic: RE: New Meds

Thank you for the encouragement. It is so hard to not sleep the day away. I am hoping to be better every day. People just don't understand unless they have done this. Have you had any set backs?

Julie1056
on 9/22/17 12:19 pm
Topic: RE: New Here Revision Underway

Interesting thank you. Just curious someone mentioned a DS which I have now figured what DS is.... Have you thought of that? I need to do the research as I'm still trying to figure it all out.

emyanna
on 9/22/17 9:36 am
Topic: RE: Meeting requirements for REVISION? Please share!

Did you have to jump through all the hoops again like psych eval and 6 months each of 2 failed diet documentations? My doc says I have to start all over. Doesn't seem right to me.

racemomss
on 9/22/17 6:43 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12
Topic: RE: Thinking of not doing this

So far no GERD. I am trying to get myself together. I have not dumped yet. I am scared to try sugar yet because I can get hooked back easy on that. With all the fruity protein, popsicles, and jello I really don't want anything sweet at this point. I can tell my taste buds have changed since surgery. When I eat I don't enjoy like I did before which is making me sad. I used food as my coping before surgeries. I can say the full blown hormonal issues are there. I am hoping I feel better about my decisions in a few weeks. How is your preparations going?

racemomss
on 9/22/17 6:38 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

Hi! I had my revision on 8/24. Pain was very minimal physically. I still have low energy but I am back to work. The mental emotions have been tough. How are you?

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:39 am
VSG on 11/16/15

My doc said the only way to fix the severe GERD issue is to convert to bypass and fix haital hernia-and that isn't even guarenteed! Let me know how u r doing.

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:37 am
VSG on 11/16/15

Have u had revision yet?? How r u doing? What about pain level?

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:36 am
VSG on 11/16/15

Thanks 4 the encouragement! U rock!

Jessiadair
on 9/22/17 3:35 am
VSG on 11/16/15

Oh wow! So glad u got that checked out! How did ur surgery go? Is the pain worse this time around? Best of luck!

Most Active
New Here Revision Underway
woodsk · 9 replies · 175 views
New Meds
racemomss · 7 replies · 107 views
got approval
pieg00 · 5 replies · 103 views
Lab results
racemomss · 1 replies · 70 views