Recent Posts

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 2/27/18 6:54 am
Revision on 03/14/18
Topic: RE: Paperwork submitted for revision

It was approved! Revision scheduled for March 14th!

GmaDiana
on 2/27/18 6:12 am
Topic: RE: Sleeve to Bypass Revision

I was revised from sleeve to bypass.Due to severe Gerd.I have lost another 62 lbs in 1 year.So worth not having Gerd anymore and losing more weight.

GmaDiana
on 2/27/18 6:10 am
Topic: RE: Paperwork submitted for revision

If you get denied have your Dr do a Peer to Peer with the insurance. The Dr can make sure it is because of Gerd and get it approved.

GmaDiana
on 2/27/18 6:08 am
Topic: RE: Seeking a revision to the Bypass

My insurance denied it at first too.i still needed to lose more weight.my Dr did a Peer to Peer with insurance company to make them understand is was because of the gerd. They approved it.I had surgery 2016 and have lost another 62 lbs.Need to find the right dr to fight for you.

GmaDiana
on 2/27/18 6:05 am
Topic: RE: VBG to Bypass?? needed for GERD

had revision surgery from sleeve to bypass for severe Gerd.I have no Gerd symtoms.Best decision I ever made.I was able to get off Prilosec after 1 year.

ms37148
on 2/26/18 7:20 pm
Topic: RE: From the Lap band to the Sleeve

I had the same situation......Had my band removed in 2014....terrible experience with not being able to keep solid food down - band was in basically crystalized and had choked me off. It has taken me to now to be able to get to the point I am ready to go to have the sleeve. Just submitted my paperwork last week. The 6 month wait and all the hoops you have to go through is the worst part. I too wish insurance would just go ahead and cover it without all that. I am also wanting to know how others have done with the sleeve after lapband and if anyone has any regrets from having the sleeve done. I am still a bit nervous about all this!

Nonikat1970
on 2/26/18 1:05 pm
Topic: RE: *VBG to VSG* IS POSSIBLE!!! I'm a SLEEVER!!!!

How are you doing now? I had a VBG in 2002. Having problems with weight gain, ulsers and pain in the area of my band so I just started investigating revision.

Tracywestlake
on 2/26/18 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: Almost 2 months Post Op

Thanks for the update! I'm having revision surgery this summer. From VBG to RNY and I'm 175. I was curious what the weight loss might be. I was told I wouldn't lose a lot but I'm hoping to lose about 30 lbs. I'm hoping that's realistic

TomasL
on 2/26/18 9:00 am
Topic: RE: Revision Surgery at Mexico???

I had a gastric band and didn´t got to my ideal weight...I believe that mainly it was my fault due to the type of foods I like...a bariatric doctor in the US recommended gastric bypass but his prices are out of my budget.

A friend of mine recommended Dr. Rumbaut from Monterrey...it seems he is very qualified and I am about to schedule a phone call with him to see what he thinks about my current options.

Have you heard about him? What do you think about Mty?

Virgie Tschirhart
on 2/25/18 7:33 pm - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Topic: RE: Almost 2 months Post Op

JJT, I appreciate your input. Thanks so much!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Most Active
Recent Topics