Recent Posts

Geni2016
on 7/4/23 5:03 pm
Topic: Pittsburgh revisions

Hi! Was wondering if anyone knew of a doctor around Pittsburgh that would do revision. I had an RNY in October 2003 which was highly successful, however the last 5 years I put on weight again (50 from my lowest weight). If anyone can help or provide info and referrals I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you!

brownamber6942
on 6/29/23 4:02 pm
Topic: Anybody in Virginia researching revision surgery?

Looking for anyone in the Northern Virginia area, who is considering revision surgery?

Sassybuffalogal
on 6/27/23 11:49 pm
Revision on 01/02/23
Topic: RE: Revision providers in Buffalo NY?

Dr Butsch at Buffalo General's Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery is scheduled to do a revision on me due to excessive reflux from the gastric sleeve. Back in 2008 I got a lap band. It prolapsed and was removed in 2016 and I was given a gastric sleeve. Now my sleeve will be converted to a bypass and hopefully help my diabetes and reflux.

kemartin1
on 6/27/23 12:42 am - Tyrone, GA
Revision on 06/17/23
Topic: RE: Should I look into a Revision?

That is great glad to see that you are making progress

catwoman7
on 6/26/23 8:15 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

they CAN revise RNY to a DS, but it's a very complicated surgery that only a handful of surgeons are capable of doing. They have to completely reverse your RNY, then do a sleeved stomach, and then bypass most of your small intestine. Probably better to do what you're doing now, esp since you I think you said you only have 60 lbs to lose. And yes - the closer you are to a normal BMI, the slower it goes. It came off so much faster when I weighed over 300 lbs!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

alhawkes
on 6/26/23 12:14 pm

I went back to my Bariatric Doctor and apparently I have the Gold Standard. Not much you can revise. So I joined a program that has coaching, blood work, a diet plan and they work with your insurance to cover GPL-1 medications. I have been on the program for 5 months and I have lost 15lbs. It's slow, but it should be, so that eventually it is sustainable.

kemartin1
on 6/24/23 1:13 pm - Tyrone, GA
Revision on 06/17/23

So what happened? Did you get the revision?

KayaPayne
on 5/22/23 8:47 am, edited 5/22/23 7:04 pm
Topic: RE: Revision from VSG to RNY and Hiatal hernia repair (HAIR LOSS TOPIC)

First of all, kudos to you on your weight loss journey and the decision to undergo revision surgery. That's a significant step towards achieving your goals, and I'm cheering you on!

Regarding hair loss after the surgery, it's not uncommon to experience some shedding. However, it's important to remember that everyone's body reacts differently, so it's hard to say exactly how it will affect you personally.

If you do notice hair loss, don't worry! There are options available to help restore your hair. Nova Medical Hair Transplant Clinic https://goo.gl/maps/pRjccyvtrnVZKmgi7 is a fantastic provider specializing in hair restoration. They can offer personalized treatment plans tailored to your unique needs and goals.

caleidosp
on 5/22/23 8:20 am
Topic: RE: Revision from VSG to RNY and Hiatal hernia repair (HAIR LOSS TOPIC)

Best of luck with your revision surgery, and may your journey continue to be filled with success and happiness!

Rafael T.
on 4/3/23 12:32 pm

Where did you have (TORE) done? How much was it?

Most Active
Recent Topics