animallover1247’s Posts

animallover1247
on 8/31/19 8:52 am
Topic: RE: What was your weight loss from Sleeve to RNY?

I think it depends on how much you have to lose but generally the weight loss with revisions isn't that spectacular and it comes off much slower. I had a revision due to reflux and not for weight loss and only lost 5 lbs but I was 10 lbs from goal weight. Therefore I didn't expect to lose much. There's a video on YouTube by Matthew Weiner where he talks about revisions, you should check it out.

animallover1247
on 8/31/19 6:58 am
Topic: RE: Revision Scheduled in One week

I don't know what to tell you about what you can expect in terms of weight loss but I wanted to tell you i had surgery almost 3 months ago to correct candy cane syndrome. I was in pain virtually all the time. I do have a question for you. Did your surgeon tell you the reason you have candy cane is DEFINITELY due to a mistake your original surgeon made? If the surgeon makes the afferent limb to long at the orginal surgery, I know you can develop candy cane syndrome. The afferent limb should be made to be about 1-2 inches. From my research, one can still end up with it, even if the surgeon makes the afferent limb the correct size at the original surgery. Mine was found only 2 months after surgery. It is a VERY rare complication with one only having a 0.4 -1% chance of developing this condition. I'm anxious to hear what your surgeon told you about it. Thanks.

animallover1247
on 7/26/19 12:01 am
Topic: RE: Revision from a Gastric Sleeve to a RNY due to complications.

I don't know anything about the insurance issue but I wanted to know what is the problem with your sleeve that keeps you vomiting? Just curious.

animallover1247
on 6/25/19 11:09 pm
Topic: RE: 2 surgery Lap band revision?

Crysharris: I'm just curious...do you know what your Demeester score was from your Bravo testing?

animallover1247
on 1/9/19 10:00 am
Topic: RE: Technical question for revision vsg to bypass

I had a revision as well 6 months ago but was still having reflux. I sought a second opinion and he thinks my surgeon did not fix a hiatial hernia that was detected on a CT scan prior to surgery. He also thinks he made my pouch too big. So waiting on an appointment with Cleveland Clinic. Glad your reflux resolved. Been dealing with mine for three years

animallover1247
on 12/26/18 5:27 pm
Topic: RE: Technical question for revision vsg to bypass

For anyone *****vised from vsg to bypass BECAUSE OF GERD, do you know how many cm your pouch is or far your pouch is from the GE junction?

I understand one will not typically know this unless they have a copy of their surgery report.

animallover1247
on 9/26/18 7:22 pm
Topic: RE: Revision at Normal BMI

You will not lose a lot of weight with a revision, especially if you have a normal BMI. You're body is smart. I had my revision 3 months ago and have only lost about 7 lbs. My BMI is 26. I am definitely not wasting away to nothing (well according to some people I am but I just ignore their comments).

animallover1247
on 9/6/18 2:36 pm
Topic: RE: New to this ....

You will have periods like this. I went an entire month without losing any weight. Yes it is discouraging but it's part of the process. Iost 90 percent of my excess weight with the sleeve .

animallover1247
on 7/2/18 6:11 am
Topic: RE: Experiences with Weight Loss after Revision

I had my revision two weeks ago so I can't speak to the weight loss. I gained 28 lbs of fluid after my revision because I had complications which required a second surgery. It has taken 2 weeks for all of this weight to come off. I know weight loss with revision is typically slower. I also think if you don't have much to lose like me (only 10 lbs) the loss will be slower as well.

animallover1247
on 5/10/18 9:09 am
Topic: RE: My revision denied due to an exclusion... any experience with this?
On May 9, 2018 at 6:37 PM Pacific Time, KayLavonne wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys. My benefits package states that bariatric surgery is not approved "for the purposes of weight loss". However, I do have GERD, and it worsened after the sleeve. In addition, there is something wrong with my esophagus, and I have a hiatial hernia. I know with gastric bypass, it can alleviate these symptoms. Often people get revisions for GERD. Maybe this is a loophole, maybe not. But I haven't submitted it. There has been a death in the family, issues in my personal life, and health issues. But I promise I will keep you posted. Maybe my journey can help someone else. Even if it is a denial, there is no harm in trying. Keep me in your prayers.

Thanks,

Kay

Everyone has a different policy but my experience is the opposite. I had the sleeve a little over 2 years ago and now need a revision due to severe GERD. I have received two different denials from the insurance company because bypass is covered for weight loss but not GERD. The insurance company told me this morning complications from sleeve are not addressed in my policy. I suppose they would rather pay for the chemo if I get cancer and the expensive PPI and Carafate ($over 700 a month they are paying) I'm on which do not work to control my reflux. I hate insurance companies.

animallover1247
on 3/19/18 8:16 pm
Topic: RE: Question on revision Vsg to bypass and GERD

I am currently waiting for my insurance to approve my revision from sleeve to bypass. I am maxed out on four different meds and still have constant reflux. There's hell to pay when I eat. I would like to know if there's anyone who had this revision because of reflux and bypsss did not resolve the issue. Or if anyone had bypass and they are still on PPI meds.

animallover1247
on 1/2/18 7:53 pm
Topic: RE: Gastric Bypass Revision w/ulcer

Can I ask you do you know what has caused your ulcer?Did you do anything to cause the ulcer or did it just appear on its own? I asked becasue I am getting ready to revise to bypass and scared to death of problems.

animallover1247
on 3/19/17 2:37 pm
Topic: RE: Revision incisions

I'm not having a revision but a Heller myotomy surgery next month and my surgeon said he will be using the same incisions.

Most Active
Recent Topics