akg55’s Posts

akg55
on 9/22/18 11:19 am
Topic: RE: Revision from VSG to RNY due to Hiatal Hernia

I am so sorry to hear all the pain you are in. My surgeon wants to do the revision to solve my Hernia. I have finally resigned myself to that fact. Now I am praying the insurance approves it.

akg55
on 8/23/18 5:23 am

HI fwiw, No back when I had the VSG, there was no hernia and my stomach was straight.

akg55
on 8/22/18 7:40 am

Hi All, I had my sleeve done in 2012. Everything was fine except for my gaining back most of my weight until about 3 months ago. I started all of a sudden throwing up. No nausea, just throwing up. Because of this I went to Doctors and got a tons of tests done. It is now found out that I have an anatomical defeat that has resulted in a Hiatal hernia where my stomach is bent up and in my diaphragm. The Surgeon says in order to fix it she doesn't want to just fix the hernia, but she wants to convert me to a RNY. She says that just fixing the hernia, it will more then likely come back. And doing the RNY, it won't. I am going for a second opinion, but wanted to know if anyone else else experienced this? If so, what is your experience with it? I originally did not do the RNY because I could not wrap my head around rerouting my pipes so to speak.

Most Active
Recent Topics