JeannieBVA1’s Posts

JeannieBVA1
on 3/11/08 1:31 pm
Topic: RE: RNY 7YRS out...Upper Gi Series Today... Questions.....
It sounds like your stoma is too big and your food is passing right through.  It should be staying in your stomach longer..  That is probably why you get that hunger feeling all the time.
JeannieBVA1
on 3/11/08 1:28 pm
Topic: RE: Had an endoscopy today and have a question
Darnell,  Do you still have your gallblader?  Sounds like it could be related to that..  (Just guessing)
JeannieBVA1
on 3/11/08 1:26 pm
Topic: RE: Rose Procedure scheduled
I'm on AOL-  Jeanniebva1
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 11:50 am
Topic: RE: Has anyone had the ROSE procedure already????
Just curious... I have not spoke to ANYONE that's had this done.
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 11:48 am
PS... Make sure you tell him Jeannie Biggerstaff referred you.. I want him to know what I BIG MOUTH I can have.  That way he will be on  his P's and Q's . LOL
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 11:47 am
MaryTeresa, I dont have his # on me at the moment...  If you call 411 for Richmond Virginia... His name is Dr. Brengman... If you can't find it.. He's also part of Dr. Gregory Shroder's practice.. If you get the # for Shroder.. They are in the same office.. Good luck!!
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 11:45 am
No... I saw the Dr.  He has to see you first...  Sounds like you may be getting thie Rose :-)
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 10:42 am
Topic: RE: Does this Exist ? Please Help !!!!!!!!

Jeremy,

Is your body rejecting things like protein shakes, etc?  Are you taking your vitamins? What have you tried?   I'm sure the answere is probably yes... just trying to get a little more info the offer you advise.

Thanks

Jeannie

JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 10:38 am
Topic: RE: I feel like there is no hope for me!!!
Wendy,  Have you thought about possibly participating in one of the Study's?  There is several messages on here about that.   This is what I'm trying to do now.  It's called the Rose procedure. There may be a Dr. in your area. Is this something you would be interested in? Hang in there!!  Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 10:31 am
Brinda.. I'm going to be your new best friend-  lol  I can't wait to read your success story !!! Please keep us posted.. Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 10:29 am
Yes... I think they are accepting more people.  I spoke to the coordinator last week and she said they need 20 people.  They have 5 scheduled. I wished I could speak with someone that's had the Rose procedure done but I can't find anyone.  If you find anyone, please let me know..  Thanks Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/9/08 11:51 am
Just a quick update.  I'm scheduled to have the Rose procedure Monday, April 14th. I wished it was sooner as I'm so anxious!!  Cross your fingers for me!! Thanks for everyones support !! Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/9/08 11:41 am
Topic: RE: 1 More Wake Up Until My Revision
Good luck Mary... I'm scheduled to have my Rose procedure done in Richmond Virginia on April 14th with Dr. Brengman.  He's part of Dr. Shroders group. Keep us posted!!  Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/7/08 10:07 pm
Topic: RE: I'm approved for the Rose Procedure

Betsy,

You are doing great!   You are my new hero!   :-)

JeannieBVA1
on 3/7/08 11:10 am
Topic: RE: Pouch Size
What test did they do?  Upper GI or EGD?   I just had the EDG done this past Wed, but they never told him me the measurements.  Just that I qualified for the Rose Procedure. The stretched pouch is NOT normal but I'm finding quite common.  Point and case... me..  I'm scheduled to have the Rose procedure April 14th to make my stomach and stoma smaller again. Good luck!  Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/7/08 10:59 am
Supergirl,  I just found out today that I'm having surgery April 14th.  Please stay in touch with me at [email protected].  I would love to keep track of your progress and get your advice since you will be doing it before me. What I do know is the people that's had the restore (just the stoma) done is losing about 2.50 to 3lbs a week.  They are feeling the restriction and going through a lot of what we did with the original bypass. Things I've heard everyone reccomend is chewable multivitamins, liquit tylonyle(sp?) s/f popcycles, protein powders/drinks, broth, Liptons 4pk cream of chicken, s/f jello, and yougart.   I also heard cottage cheese, and boiled eggs but i think that was for like stage 2 of the foods.  That's about all I know.  Anyone is welcome to give suggestions for the beginning of the recovery stage.  I will be going to GNC soon to find a powder protein mix that's tasteless so that I can mix it with anything. Hope this helps.. please stay in touch. Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/5/08 11:11 am
I was told the procedure is going to be paid for by the Practice.  However, today when I had my EGD, they did take my insurence card.  I know I'm not paying for the surgery!    As for tryingt to get into a study, I would call the Dr.s that are doing them.  You can find different names through the forum here..   My Dr. is Brengman in Richmond Virginia. Good luck!
JeannieBVA1
on 3/5/08 9:25 am

I am going to be part of a study.  This one is being done in Richmond, Virginia.   http://cumc.columbia.edu/dept/cs/pat/obesity/eros_illustrations.html This link is from another center doing the procedures but does show a great illustration of the porcedure.  Just copy and past it into your browser.  Good luck!  Jeannie

JeannieBVA1
on 3/5/08 9:13 am
Hello Everyone,  I had my EDG done today.  Although sedated.. I remember everything.  It was a little unpleasant but nothing horrifying.   My throat is a little sore and I'm still sleepy 12 hours later.  I've slept a lot today and getting ready to go back to bed. Dr. Brengman was wonderful (and cute).  I like his bedside manner. He did tell me I was approved for the "Rose" study.  They will start doing surgery in April.   I also got some pretty kewl (or gross, ever how you want to see it) pictures of my stomach and stoma.  The inside of my stomach looks as big as a large grapefruit and my stoma looked almost as big as a egg.  I also saw my stitches from my previous GB in 1993. I will keep you updated..  Thanks everyone for the support Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 3/3/08 11:27 am
Topic: RE: I had my RESTORe procedure
Betsy,  We are all pulling for you!!  Hope you are up and running in no time!!  Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 2/28/08 10:47 am
Topic: RE: can someone give me some food/beverage suggestions 1 week out from revision
Liptons has a soup.. it comes 4pks to a box and it's "cream of chicken".  You pour the powder in a cup and add ho****er.  They are very tasty!  Also the texture is a little thicker then broth so they seem to satisfy you a little more.  It's also good to add protein powder in the soup.  SF jello, pop cycles, and fudge cycles are good.   Crystal lite has strawberry pks to add to your bottled water.  They are good. GMC sales some really good protein drinks in cans.  (Coffe flavor, etc)   I can handle milk either but I do fine with these.  Good luck!   Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 2/27/08 8:00 am
Topic: RE: The ROSE procedure
Not yet but I'm in the process of being reviewed for it.   I have an appointment next Wed. for the EGD to see if my stoma and stomach qualify. I'm keeping my fingers crossed XX .. Also praying very hard!  I think the surgeries will be done by the end of March. Jeannie
JeannieBVA1
on 2/15/08 9:23 am
Topic: RE: Had Revision - 8 from goal weight!
Joyce,  Thanks for the update...  Sounds like your almost there!!  Way to go!  Jeannie  VA
JeannieBVA1
on 2/14/08 12:03 pm
Topic: RE: Rose Procedure illustration
Try to copy/paste this into your browser..  That may work. Sorry, not very computer literate..  If not... email me at [email protected]... lable it Rose Porcedure and I will try to copy you with the illustration... Happy V-Day.. Jeannie
Most Active
Recent Topics