JeannieBVA1’s Posts

JeannieBVA1
on 2/13/08 9:29 pm
Topic: RE: had revision and i'm a mess
Ebony,  How are you feeling this morning ?  Did you call your Dr?   Has the fever gone? Just checking up on you...  Happy Valentines day
JeannieBVA1
on 2/13/08 11:02 am
Topic: RE: Fever 2 weeks post op
I'm no Dr. and this is just my opinion...  It sounds like you have irritated the area's and that is natural to be sore.   If you can take medication for the fever, I would.  However I think you should watch it. Should you go over 103'  I would call your Dr.   You don't want to take a chance on something more serious like a staff infection, hernia, etc. Good luck
JeannieBVA1
on 2/13/08 10:54 am
Topic: RE: had revision and i'm a mess

Ebony,

Take a deep breath!!   You are right... These procedures are just a tool.  Keep reminding yourself that it's not about beating the system (the procedure) or seeing what you can get by with.

When I had my RNY...   I did not lose a lot of weight my first two months( 18 lbs) and I felt the same way..  It is proven that revisional patients do not lose as fast.  Average is 2 lbs a week.  This is not a bad thing because it has to be better on the body not to lose so fast.  However, within a year I had lost 100 lbs.   Now I'm looking in to revisional surgery as I have stretched my pouch.  What ever you do... Stay away from carbonated drinks!! Unlike you, I could not eat anything I wanted and everything did make me sick.  Have you discussed this with your doctor.  I do feel you should be having more restriction in the stomach... Just my opinion. Hang in there and I will send a prayer up for you. 

JeannieBVA1
on 2/13/08 9:39 am
JeannieBVA1
on 2/12/08 12:29 pm
Topic: RE: ROSE procedure

I'm in Virginia.   I had an appointment with the Dr. today that is also going to be doing the Rose procedure.  I was his first patient.  He also is only accepting 20 people for the study. I'm to be scheduled next week for the scope..   They said surgery would probably be the 2nd week in March.  There is not many people that's had this done (world wide)   So there is a lot of unanswered questions to discover. Jeannie

Most Active
Recent Topics