Allisonw2lls’s Posts

Allisonw2lls
on 6/19/17 12:19 pm, edited 6/19/17 5:55 am
Topic: RE: Revision is this Friday

Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles. They are awesome!! Yes small sips but I seem to be doing g pretty good with it too.

Allisonw2lls
on 6/19/17 9:59 am, edited 6/19/17 2:59 am

Just curious at what point could you drink a decent amount of water at a time? I'm a big water person and that seems like it will be the hardest adjustment. Sine my last surgery wasn't sucessful I don't think I ever experienced it 100%

Allisonw2lls
on 6/19/17 9:48 am

Surgery was Monday. All went well but didn't go home until yesterday. Nothing like being home for a quick recovery. Scale shows a little over 6 pounds since surgery. Let the last portion of this journey begin with sucess. Good luck to all goi g through anything

Allisonw2lls
on 6/14/17 1:11 pm
Topic: RE: Resleeved?

Will keep you posted

Allisonw2lls
on 6/14/17 1:11 pm

hiatal hernia repair and surgeon is revising (correcting) my sleeve. Prior surgeon revised from lap band to VSG avoided scar tissue and left my sleeve too large. Nervous but so excited too ?

Allisonw2lls
on 6/10/17 6:29 pm
Topic: RE: Resleeved?

I'm scheduled for Friday June 16th. Had a barium X-ray turns out my original surgeon that revised me from the band to the sleeve steered clear of scar tissue and left it too big, some concern that the stretchy part was left as well. Also repairing a hiatal hernia.

Allisonw2lls
on 6/7/17 10:14 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Band to Sleeve still a failure

HiI lost around 50 and put 10 back on. I'm not really stuck on a number that I need to weight but I am guessing another 50-75 lbs, right now I'm 243 and 5'4 but have a lot of muscle. I am 48 and starting to experience some of tge change too.

I hope you get some resolution. I will keep you updated .

Allisonw2lls
on 6/6/17 6:04 pm
Topic: RE: Lap Band to Sleeve still a failure

I had the band and was sleeved about 2 years ago, lost weight but not a huge sucess. Turns out my sleeve was done on the large side because the surgeon went around the scar tissue , hence incorrect sleeve. I'm scheduled for a partial resleeve and hiatal hernia repair on June 16th. My surgeon is confident I should experience success.

Have you had the barium X-ray so they can see tge condition / shape if your sleeve?

Allisonw2lls
on 6/6/17 5:52 pm, edited 6/6/17 10:53 am
Topic: RE: 2nd time around!

So I went to see my surgeon and he explained my situation better. Seems when I was sleeved my surgeon avoided the scar tissue from the band to the point my sleeve is "very big" he also explained the shape is not correct because scar tissue was not cleaned and was avoided. So I'm scheduled for June 16th for partial sleevecrevision an hiatal hernia repair. He is very vonfident I should experience really good success. Excited but cautious. ?

Allisonw2lls
on 5/20/17 7:15 pm
Topic: RE: 2nd time around!

I had the band and had issues from the get go also, infection and had the entire thing removed within the first year. I was sleeved about 2 years later. I am actually going in next month for a hernia repair and they are going to revise my sleeve as it seems to be too large from the beginning. The difference between the band and the sleeve is awesome, for me i always had issues with food getting stuck and then tossing my cookies, the sleeve the restriction is different. You don't have to wrestle with the restriction of getting it down, you just have to eat the right amount and not over eat or eat the slider foods. I have no regrets with the sleeve just wi**** was done smaller to begin with.

Most Active
Recent Topics