OT - NCLEX-RN

Luvitsunny
on 9/23/06 10:37 pm - Sunny South, FL
I graduate in early December. I want to take a two week medical mission trip in January to Honduras. (I'm already a licensed LPN). I am just trying to get an idea how much study time I might need for the NCLEX and on average how long you waited after graduation to take the exam. Any helpful info would be appreciated. Thanks. luvitsunnyv
Elizabeth C.
on 9/26/06 7:49 am - Montgomery County, MD
Hi Sunny! I am still a student so I don't have an answer for your study time question. I am curious about what part of Honduras you are going to. For 5 consecutive years I did summer mission trips to Copan Ruinas and Santa Barabara. I love it there and feel that Copan is my home away from home. Interestingly you don't need to be a licensed health care professional to medically treat people. Elizabeth
trappedagain A.
on 9/28/06 2:44 pm - Chrisney, IN
I graduated on May 5 I took the NCLEX on June 7 I really didn't do alot of studying while I was waiting I was waiting to raise the money for the test. I hear the sooner you take it the better you are at remembering things. I also took the Kaplin review I really can't say it helped but I really cant say it didn't.
~Beautiful One~
on 9/30/06 8:27 am - Suburban, MI
I took mine about 2 months later, but I took Kaplan also. Kaplan is GREAT!!! If you can afford to, I would hoghly recommend it!! ~~Simone
A_brand_new_me
on 12/29/06 5:19 am - NC
I took boards within a month after graduation. Our class took a review course 3 weeks after graduation. I studied alot, I wanted to be sure I passed. I was anal about it. Good Luck. Susan- Wife to J, Mom to A & Nurse to babies Lap RNY - 3/23/06 5' 3 3/4" Highest- 242/ Surgery- 231/ Current- 130/ Goal- 130
Most Active
Recent Topics