New to this forum and needing friends for support.

wyldegirls
on 1/5/09 11:22 am - Choctaw, OK
January 5, 2009
Well, I was supposed to go see Dr. Walton on Jan 13th but decided to call and see if he had any cancellations. Well he did. I go tomorrow and meet him and discuss what all I need to do to prepare for surgery. I am so glad to get started and not wait for another week. My mom is nervous about wls. It is hard to talk to other people about it due to the negative idea's but if they had to live my life for a week, they would understand. I have told very few people, like only 5 family/friends. I have not told my little girls who are 8 and 9 years old. I don't know what to say to them about it and don't want to scare them. Any idea's welcomed. I am hoping that this website can be a support for me going it alone. My husband is of the mindset that I can lose the weight it if I just try. That is easy coming from a 130 pound soaking wet person with no overweight issues in his entire family. You know how it feels to be the "fat person" and how you feel like your dinner plate is being watched with disgust. I am really tired of that. Or when I go with my husband and he won't hold my hand and walks kinda in front of me as if he is embarrassed to be seen with me. I do have a lot of self esteem issues due to my poor spousal support but I finally realized that I want to live. Not for him but for me, my kids and the dreams that I have only dreamed. I cannot change him but I can take control of ME!! I guess that is why I want to get started. I finally have a goal that doesn't focus on what others want but what I want. I am a nurse and I am always taking care of other people. Taking care of myself.....what a concept.
I could ramble on and if anyone would like to add me as a friend I'd love that. I am going to have the gastric sleeve. TTYL
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 12:08 pm - Charlotte, NC
Most Active
Recent Topics