pipedreams290 · 2 replies · 72 views
2.5 Weeks Out from Surgery
clr055 · 4 replies · 77 views
1 month post op
igabriel323 · 7 replies · 110 views

Sugar Free Sherbet

QueenTGB
on 3/5/08 12:16 pm - east orange, NJ
I've went to many food markets looking for Sugar Free Sherbet, and i cant find any... My question is the Sherbet thats served in the hospital is that regaular or sugar free? What kind are you eating, or have you ate.

Can't wait to meet the new me...

Pam T.
on 3/5/08 12:50 pm - Saginaw, MI
I did a quick google search and it looks like Baskin Robbins makes a sugar free sherbert.  But even better... I found a recipe that you can make at home: Sugar-Free Sherbet Courtesy of H-E-B Product Evaluation Center http://www.heb.com/mealtime/recipe.do?recipeId=890&categoryId=DEFZ00 Ingredients: 1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid Drink Mix, any flavor 1 quart H-E-B Fat-Free Milk 1 quart low-fat plain yogurt 24 packets Hill Country Fare No-Calorie Sweetener Directions: Combine drink mix, milk, yogurt and no-calorie sweetener in an ice cream freezer container; stir to dissolve sugar. Insert the ice cream-maker paddle and lid, and insert into electri**** cream maker. Fill outer ice cream-maker container with ice and rock salt according to manufacturers instructions. Turn on electric freezer and let it churn for 30 minutes, or until machine stops (mixture is frozen). Serve and enjoy. Pour remainder in a plastic container with airtight lid and store in freezer.

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

kellbrat
on 3/5/08 12:52 pm - Canadensis, PA
RNY on 10/24/07 with
I have not found any sugar free sorbet or sherbert. The hospital kind is regular I think. I get sorbet. Some Milk based products will say they are sherbert and if you are lactose intolerant (as I am) that is a cruel joke...read the labels for sugar amounts, if you only having a tiny bit to satsify a sweet craving, then why not...unless you make your own with splenda....

cschoen
on 3/5/08 7:05 pm - NJ
Luigi's makes a SF Italian Ice.
Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

debbie Z.
on 4/20/09 9:44 am
I just had surgery on April 13th and the sherbet they have at the hospital is sugar free.  I've been looking for it too and have been unable to find it anywhere.
Lisa W.
on 4/20/09 9:57 am, edited 4/20/09 9:59 am - Fritch, TX

Try applegatefarms.com, it is made with Splenda

or

http://www.perrysicecream.com/sherbet/product.php?id=151

SW -203 / CW - 145 / GW - 135 personal Goal

If you take into consideration what I weighed when I got HOME from the hospital we could use 212 as a starting weight....Just a thought

Surgeons Goal