Ouch! raw skin under my stomach roll

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/5/09 4:27 am - OH
Jupiter's response was the same as my PCPs -- use powder NOT ointment.  Keeping it dry is important.  There are a number of different prescription powders available.  My tummy roll is history, but I keep it for use in the summer under my breasts.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/09 4:48 am - Los Alamos, OR
prttynpnk42
on 2/5/09 5:38 am
I as a matter of fact just saw my doctor today for this very problem and she prescribed Nystatin powder. She also documented that she saw me regarding this (per my request). Just in case plastics are in my future. She also suggested drying it with a blowdryer when getting out of the shower because it doesn't always get dryed well with a towel. I feel for you, this can be very painful...hope this helps.
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/09 6:02 am
hey there I dont know if this is ok to do but for years I get this same issue and I get it right before my peroid..uner my belly, under my boobs and a few times I have gotten it under the arm pit....so I just dab on a little desitin ( baby rash cream) and it clears right up...and cools it down...
Jenny R
on 2/5/09 6:18 am
Document! Document!! Document!!! Pay whatever co-pay you have to and get a doctor to put it in your file. Then get the prescriptions filled if your doctor prescribes ANYTHING. Go every single time it happens. If it gets a 10K future PS covered it's worth the couple hundred (if even that) to get the documentation and prescriptions filled IMO!!!!

Good luck!!!

Jen

MSW will not settle
on 2/5/09 8:00 pm, edited 2/5/09 8:02 pm
Skin gets moist or soft and raw? Or it is shiny tight and raw? And/or splits in places like an open paper cut at the crease?  It may be fungal and easy to fix.  Had it for a over a decade. 

Lotrasone or any OTC antifungal will clear it up (per my GYN).  My PCP gave me the prescription lotrisone lotion which will clears it up in as little as 12 hours. 

To avoid it I'm meticulous about getting bone dry under my belly and breast after a shower.  Sweat is a bigger cause than left over moisture so on sweaty days I clean up with pre moisened wipes during the day. 

Hope this helps. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

nancydrum
on 2/5/09 9:55 pm - Wheatley, Canada
My excess weight was all in my hips and legs - so now I am getting the red scald behind my knees!  I was amazed when this started - I've had it under my boobs before, but behind my knees?

I have been putting penatin cream behind my knees and it really helps clear up the redness and soreness.  The only trouble is, I now have what looks like scarring behind my knees.

I still have a lot of weight to lose - but now I know I sure won't be able to wear shorts, or skirts  this summer!
Lovin my RNY!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views