WLS restaurant card

ButterBall
on 3/13/09 6:37 pm
I read somewhere this site has a WLS restaurant card (the one explaining wls and being able to eat off the kiddie menu)  we can download.
Anyone know it's location on this or other sites?
thanx

addygurl
on 3/13/09 6:54 pm - TX
ADRIANA
"The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King Jr.

Don 1962
on 3/13/09 7:58 pm
The card is a nice thing to have if anybody ask for it but you'll find the kiddie menu is not very often RNY friendly.  Have experienced a lot of eateries that will let you half a regular meal or split it with another person - no questions asked.  Restaurants are seeing a lot of splitting because of the economy.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/09 9:58 pm
I often order appetizers.
Robin W.
on 3/13/09 10:22 pm - Franklin, OH
Like others have said the kiddie menu is not really WLS friendly... a lot of FIRED items and such.   Better plan carry a small cooler and ice pack in your car when you go out, order real food ask for a box as soon as the food comes cut the potrion in half,  box it up,  put it in the cooler take it home and have another meal.  There are some places that my daughter and I will still split a meal and then still have left overs.
Good Luck,
Robin

4'10" - 47 I'm short but not petite and I will weigh more than a 5th grader
Start weight 220 
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  Dr. Seuss

amcgb
on 3/13/09 11:05 pm
My surgeons office gave me one, it actually has his signature on it---it explains that I had wls and asks to have a smaller portion as I only can eat that (says something along those lines)
Audrey
rtnowrtnow
on 3/14/09 7:19 pm
On March 14, 2009 at 6:05 AM Pacific Time, amcgb wrote:
My surgeons office gave me one, it actually has his signature on it---it explains that I had wls and asks to have a smaller portion as I only can eat that (says something along those lines)
My surgeons office gave me one too.  I'm only 11 days out and haven't used it. Does it usually work for you? Do they give you the discount?
mainegal
on 3/13/09 11:20 pm - Thomaston, ME
If I am going to pay for a meal I want a good one. I don't want the kiddie hot dog or greasy mac and cheese.

I order appetizers or from the regular menu and ask for a "to go" box for the left overs. I also question the waiter/waitress concerning how things are served- do they butter the vegetables, does the salad come with dressing on? I ask them to hold these condiments, or put on the side.

I'm a cheap date! A restaurant meal can last 3 meals or more!

Emily     SW 320, Pre Surg 271.3, Lowest 189.8 Current 212.9 GW -155-188
Continuing the weight loss journey 10 pound goals at a time.  June 2011

erin_akey
on 3/13/09 11:37 pm - AL
I have the card that I got from my surgeon, but I never have to use it.  I just tell the restaurant I need to order from the child's menu and they are ok with it. 

We eat out a lot due to business entertaining etc., and i have found that many restaurants have really good healthy choices these days on the kids menu.  Macaroni Grill, Outback Steakhouse, and several others offer steak, grilled chicken and fish, etc.  

I live on the gulf coast where seafood is plentiful and many of the nice seafood restaurants offer grilled shrimp and fish which i love!

I'm pretty lucky that my husband and I eat almost identical foods and so we share a lot of the time.  That works out very well for us. 

My biggest complaint- almost no one offeres sugar free deserts!! 
www.bariatricguru.com
Yes you CAN be a Bariatric Guru!
Tune in to FM TALK 106.5 Sundays from 12-1pm central for my show Fit LIving!  Listen live online at www.fmtalk1065.com .  We discuss life after weight loss surgery and living a healthy lifestyle!  Call in with questions for our expert guests!
"LIKE" us on Facebook- The Bariatric Guru

iisme
on 3/14/09 1:26 am
I got the card from my surgeon's office too. It was handed out to all of us at one of our pre-op classes.
To be honest, I would never show it to any restaurant. I am so private and I really don't care to announce that I have had GBS. I'd rather pay for an appetizer or full price for a meal and take half of it home than to share my business with a restaurant worker.

10 pounds loss pre-op
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views