Plastic Surgery: How much does it cost?

furbiegirl
on 4/19/09 8:31 am
I've lost about 93 lbs since surgery 12/17/08. I can tell that I'm going to need some skin removed. I have some questions.

How much does it cost? (I'm thinking inner thighs, stomach and arms). Is it better for your body to huve multiple surgries or do everything at once? What is the recovery time? How is the scarring? Any advice or information you can provide I would greatly appreciate. Thanks!
Jupiter6
on 4/19/09 8:42 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Those questions would be best asked on the Plastic Surgery Forum.

What can be done at once is up to your individual surgeon. My breasts arms and stomach will probably run me around $14k.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

GorgeousIsa
on 4/19/09 8:50 am - Philly-delphia, PA

Like Jupiter said the ps forum is the best place fore answers but in Philadelphia, for arms, stomach, and breast I was quoted 14k to 16k...I may have a reduction and then pay for the arms and stomach...I check the ps forum on a regular basis...Please keep in mind that price varies by state...

HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
Don 1962
on 4/19/09 8:52 am
Unless you have a panni that is restricting your mobility or you're getting rashs from - hold off on any PS.  Besides that you will be loosing weight for at least a year or more so hold off till you make goal.  You'd hate to go through TWO rounds of PS becasue you got loose skin again!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/09 11:54 am - Redwood City, CA
I gotta say I love your #4!! 
Kristi J.
on 4/19/09 10:59 am
It will definitely vary by doc..what the extent of the surgery will be--
Mine is schedule May 22:
Arm Lipo
Abdominoplasty
Saddle bag lipo (There must be a "doctor" term for that!!)
and legs from knee up
$10,500 for all of it including anesthesiologist and facility and 2 doctors.

kj
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/19/09 9:45 pm - OH
It varies a lot by location and surgeon and exactly what you need done.  I had a panniculectomy (tummy skin below the belly button, but not including the mons/pubic area) that was paid for by insurance, but the subsequent mons lift, tummy tuck (for muscle tightening and to remove the extra skin ABOVE the belly button), and arms cost me $13,000.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mom23reds
on 4/19/09 11:12 pm - Bryan, TX
I had lost 160 lbs in 19 months but had a massive abdominal hernia which required repair and insurance agreed that my pannus also had to go. So I had hernia repair, tummy tuck, and panniculectomy covered by insurance and my out of pocket expense was $726.60.

They removed 8.6 lbs of skin off my belly (along with my belly button).

I'm loving the flat stomach but I can see the thigh lift and saddlebag removal is definitely going to be a must next year!!

Susan

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 365 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views