What keeps you regular?

Stacy M.
on 7/6/09 1:02 pm - Woodbury, MN
Hi ho all you RNY'ers....

So I'm 3 weeks out and I am wondering what regimen/advice you have for me to help keep me "regular"... I have not poo'd for about a week and I took the Milk of Magnesia as told by the RN and yes it worked.. however.... I'm curious to know what you folks do to keep things moving along on a more regular basis so I don't feel so stopped up...

Thanks a bunch!

And yes every thing came out okay.. ha ha   

Stacy

Stacy
I'M FINALLY A LOSER
  TOO!!!

HW 240  SW 229  CW 160.4   FG 150     FG 130-140          
highest   surgery   current        first goal   
final goal       

Laura in Texas
on 7/6/09 1:07 pm
I eat a dixie cup full of fiber One cereal everyday.  LOVE that stuff!!  And I'm regular~ I go every morning.  you're still early out.  It will get better!!

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Stacy M.
on 7/6/09 1:18 pm - Woodbury, MN
Thanks Laura... I was so regular on the clock every day before surgery that only going once a week scares me! I know its normal this early out but still.. annoying!

Stacy
I'M FINALLY A LOSER
  TOO!!!

HW 240  SW 229  CW 160.4   FG 150     FG 130-140          
highest   surgery   current        first goal   
final goal       

christine G.
on 7/6/09 1:20 pm
I'm 2 months out, and about a month out i was contsipated for over a week and it was horrendous- since then at the advice of others on here ive been using benefiber everyday, mix it into yogurt, oatmeal, drinks too i guess... not gritty and i havent had any issues since.  when I had stricture and wasnt able to keep anything down for a few days and didn go to the bathroom, as soon as I was able to i stared taking colace for a few days; which worked.  good luck!

Christine

Breast Lift/Brachioplasty January 18, 2011
Lower Body Lift March 3, 2011
Inner Thigh Lipo/Lift May 4, 2011 

ejjy
on 7/6/09 1:28 pm - Watertown, MA
started taking a couple of tablespoons of benefiber in the morning and at night, that seems to be getting things moving down there, time will tell!

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/09 1:31 pm - Falls Church, VA
Too much fiber will bulk you up...dont overdo it, especially when eating so little to begin with.  I keep my fats up in a normal range, take my daily Colace and every so often a Dulcolax.  If I dont go everyday, I am in a bad way.  I dont know how people can go for days...
New Shell
on 7/6/09 8:23 pm - Livermore Falls, ME
I too take 2servings of Benefiber everyday.  I tried to take Miralax when I ran out of Benefiber over the weekend and it didn't work the same.  I bought some the other day and started taking it again yesterday, so  hopefully soon I will be back to going every day.  I feel much better when I can go everyday.
Heaviest 297 / Consult 287/ Pre Op 267/ Current 189

Corgi Mom !.
on 7/6/09 8:20 pm - sunny, FL
I agree with Crystal.  Walmart sells a generic vegetable laxative (very gentle) I take two every morning and it keeps me regular.  If I don't take these daily I feel like poo..excuse the pun.
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
Andrea U.
on 7/6/09 10:35 pm - Wilson, NC
Just Valena
on 7/6/09 11:42 pm - Nunyabizness
Lots of water, Fiber One, and I take Magnesium once in the morning and once at night. The magnesium was recently suggested to me by someone here and I noticed the change pretty quickly!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 258 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics