Help! Constipation / Impacted stool

jewels_is_melting
on 7/10/09 9:34 am - Littleton, CO
Gosh Pam - I'm so sorry for you.  I've had alot of pain from constipation but nothing like this.  I think you should go to the ER - they can give you some pain meds.  Hang in there - and again I'm really sorry!!

Diet = Did I Eat Thoughfully?

laura9488
on 7/10/09 9:37 am - Denville, NJ
i am so sorry.  i don't have anything to add to the above advice.  Only when you are through the initial horror, if your fissure doesn't seem to heal, get help  right away.  I had the same impaction issue you are having last summer.  Ended up with a fissure, a horrible one.  I suffered with it for months. Worked with the rectal surgeon taking various creams, suppositories to get it to heal. finally in Mayhad surgey. But the pain while having a bm until surgery was unbelievable.  So don't wait to get help.
Don 1962
on 7/10/09 9:47 am
Pam,

Be sure to weigh before and after.  Other than the "Turdinator" laying in the bottom of the porcelain whirlpool you want to get a few pounds of loss for your efforts!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Aspiemom
on 7/10/09 9:56 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 11/03/08 with
Did you ever imagine in your whole life that you would have such a large group of people praying, chanting and offering advise for you to have a good BM.  Such is life in RNY ' topia

Karen

Lauren D.
on 7/10/09 10:23 am - Lorain, OH
 Pam, how you feeling over there?

I've been thinking about you and the absolute agony you must be in.  I think you should just go to the ER, like a previous poster suggested.  If this is not a common event in your bathroom, then let them give you pain med and "get that **** out of you!" Seriously, if you have insurance, you should go.
       I count protein, fluid ounces, and my blessings everyday. 

Sombrero_Sue
on 7/10/09 10:27 am - NE PA, PA
Hi just adding my 2 cents worth. I vote for the Miralax....my son used to double ove in pain and cry and roll on the floor for hours from the age of about 7-10. The Miralax works and does not cause cramping or gas etc.
For maintence we do probiotics either in the form of Activia yogurt or in capsuls depends if he is sick of yogurt....:-)
I feel for you! 
Be well-
Susan

Life is too long to be miserable
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/09 10:32 am - Falls Church, VA
Daily Colace (2) with occasional Dulcolax is a must for me.  I go everyday.  Hope you get some relief soon and develop a good regimen so that you avoid this in the future.
ravengrrl
on 7/10/09 12:03 pm - Thornton, CO
Pam, I don't have much in the way of advice, but I hope you get to feeling better.

http://theincredibleshrinkingfattie.wordpress.com/ H/W: 375, S/W: 300, C/W: 285

ejjy
on 7/10/09 12:46 pm - Watertown, MA
i am so sorry you are going through this, i have been there and it is a truly horrible experience.  i was able to clear myself and did not have to go to the ER but do whatever you really have to do.  I think there is a poitn where it is just too impacted to break up enough to get out by usual means.  i hope some of the enema or other ideas worked for you.  please let us know when you can.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Pam M.
on 7/10/09 1:29 pm - WA
Ok, I think I'm good for now. (or at least as good as one can be in this situation!)

I took another dose of MoM. The next time I had to go (which was within a half hour), I did what I could. Then (brace yourself), I got the KY jelly, a towel, laid down on the bathroom floor, and started digging. Grossest thing I've ever done in my life! It took about 1/2 hour, but I got a bunch of that sucker out of me! Then I took a nap. When I woke up, I had to go again. It was pure liquid. Other than the burning from the tears on my bottom, I think I got it all. Jumped in the shower to clean off, and then lubed myself with vaseline so that hopefully the next time won't burn as much.

Gawd. This sucks!

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?