Left Side Pain!

jclemens
on 7/29/09 4:59 am
Hi Hot Thangs!   So I had the RNY laprascopicaly. I’m 3 weeks post op today and feeling great. My only one hang up is this pain on my left side. I know the doctor mentioned the incision on my left side would hurt the most because it was the one that went deep into the muscle. I’m just wondering why it still hurts! It hurts the most if I sit all day which I’m forced to in my cube at work lol.  Anyways, so the pain is on my left side and it hurts…it doesn’t kill, but it hurts. I have a doctor’s appointment on the 19th, but was wondering if any of you have experienced something similar?   Looking forward to your thoughts!   Thanks,   Jackie
alyst18
on 7/29/09 5:08 am - MN
I know you have said that the pain is on your left side, but where?  Near the incision?  Your back?  Your hip?  I've had a pain in my left pain off and on since my surgery and I'm not sure why...  It may be b/c I need a new bed or who knows???  If you can be a bit more specific about where it is, that might be helpful!

Pre-op/day of surgery/current/goal
416/389/205/190
retirefit
on 7/29/09 5:35 am - CA
I had a burning intense pain at the lower left incision that lasted between 3 and 4 weeks.  It was very sharp and I had to hold my stomach each time I got up from a sitting position.  I was beginning to think it was not going away... then one day it was intense... few days later no pain at all.  Hope it is the same for you.

Elizabeth

wyoctry
on 7/29/09 6:26 am - Riverton, WY
I am dealing with the same pain.  When I met with my Dr. he said it was the muscle and it would just take time.  Ugh... it really hurts sometimes.  I have started back to work this week.  Monday only made it 4 hrs due to sitting upright and the pain.  Tuesday I made it 6 hrs and felt so good last night, stood and did the dishes when I got home.  BAD BAD IDEA.  My back hurt so bad from standing.. then my left side/muscle hurt more.. and I am paying for it today.  I am currently cutting up a tylenol at my desk trying to make it another hour or two.

Hang in there.. u r not a lone ranger.  We can all suffer together.

Aside from the muscle pain/injury on the left area of my tummy, between two incision.. I actually feel pretty good.  Hope you are too.
Pamela

IndyBigD
on 7/29/09 6:30 am
3 weeks out and I have little pains all over the place.

Sounds like I am in good company.

Heaviest 327/Day Before Surgery 307/Current 251/Surgeon Goal 200/My Goal 180       

dlprawl
on 7/29/09 6:31 am - independence, MO
I had the same pain, I was told by my surgeon it was the nerves waking up and healing after the incision for the drain. It lasted about a week and then was gone.
JulieTX
on 7/29/09 7:10 am - Whitehouse, TX
as usual, I'm the odd duck.  I've had almost no issues with my left side.  I have sore spots all over, especially as my clothes change how they fit (or no longer fit!).  Plus, I find myself leaning against my desk at work and I"m sure that is adding to the little ouchies I have.

I've been able to sleep on either side since about 5 days post op, so I think I've been lucky.

No rechec****il 6 weeks, so some days I've wondered if I should call about my pains.  Not related to exercise or eating/drinking so I don't know what triggers it.  More like a bruise pain (dull) than sharp or sudden.
Julie

happypeach
on 7/29/09 9:50 am - Rome, GA
Surgeon told me it was the muscle.  I am 4 weeks out now, and its gone!

Starting:  370, Current: 198.5, Goal: 190

allminethistime
on 7/29/09 2:13 pm - MO
Oh thank you for posting this.  I am two days out and in misery on my left side.  Feels like a constant aching pain that is sharp whenever I change positions.  I am pretty miserable now but it is good to hear so many of you had the same pain and are now better.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 234 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?