Pureed scrambled eggs

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/09 2:21 am
So according to my Nut even though scrambled eggs are soft and mushy I shouldn't eat them within the first month unless they are pureeded How would you puree a scrambled egg?
PMarie
on 7/31/09 2:38 am - Bloomington, MN
I was allowed scrambled eggs while on the puree stage,but mashed the heck out of them with a fork- add a little milk to them if need be to keep them very moist.

Stacy M.
on 7/31/09 3:45 am, edited 7/31/09 3:45 am - Woodbury, MN
I'm 6 weeks out and I still can't eat scrambled or egg bake eggs.. its an instant puke food for me.
I was told by the "experts" on here its a consistency issue.. and I TOTALLY agree with them!

I was eating poached eggs at two weeks out.. was on my soft foods list...

Stacy
I'M FINALLY A LOSER
  TOO!!!

HW 240  SW 229  CW 160.4   FG 150     FG 130-140          
highest   surgery   current        first goal   
final goal       

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/09 3:48 am
 lol I don't know how to poach an egg. =(
Johanna !
on 7/31/09 4:25 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
I ate them and chewed really well...I am not suggesting you copy me but pureed scrambled eggs were the nastiest grossest pukiest food ever.  I am shuddering as I recall me first tase of them.  The texture blach.
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/09 7:59 am
could not eat them for over 8 months post op, unless pureed.
How do you puree the eggs/ put in a blender add milk or chicken stock (a little) - puree -works well in a small cup in magic bullet.
But many people eat eggs with no problem. ...
Now i eat them - but not that often and mostly incorporated in other foods like quiches, meatloaf, omelet. etc. 
After initial struggles with eggs - scrambled eggs just do not appeal to me anymore.   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

christine G.
on 7/31/09 8:05 am
for me, the pureed scrambled egg was too dry and gross.  i found doing a sunny side egg and keeping it runny then putting it in he food processor was much better.

Christine

Breast Lift/Brachioplasty January 18, 2011
Lower Body Lift March 3, 2011
Inner Thigh Lipo/Lift May 4, 2011 

seashell6417
on 7/31/09 8:17 am - Gaylord, MN
I pureed my scrambled eggs by running them through my food processor.  I added salsa to moisten them up and add flavor.  I sometimes cooked ground turkey sausage and pureed it w/ salsa and added it to my eggs...yum!
Tami

danie
on 7/31/09 9:10 am - virginia beach, VA
I am 3 days out and was told to chew my eggs really good. When they gave it to me day 2 in the hospital i had to call and make sure it wasn't a mix up. I was told it was fine and to just chew really well. When i think i was done chew it 5 more times.
Robert P.
on 7/31/09 11:29 am - Pelham, AL
I'm 5 months out, and don't enjoy scrambled eggs.  They just don't go down well.  However, I can eat an egg if it's cooked over medium, so it has some runny yolk to lubricate things.
High 468 / Surgery 433 / Current 243/ Goal 219
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 130 views