Lisa82 · 1 replies · 35 views
Onederland!!
burghblonde · 7 replies · 70 views
When should I weigh myself?
sqlchick19 · 7 replies · 75 views

Pureed scrambled eggs

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/09 9:21 am
So according to my Nut even though scrambled eggs are soft and mushy I shouldn't eat them within the first month unless they are pureeded How would you puree a scrambled egg?
PMarie
on 7/31/09 9:38 am - Bloomington, MN
I was allowed scrambled eggs while on the puree stage,but mashed the heck out of them with a fork- add a little milk to them if need be to keep them very moist.

Stacy M.
on 7/31/09 10:45 am, edited 7/31/09 10:45 am - Woodbury, MN
I'm 6 weeks out and I still can't eat scrambled or egg bake eggs.. its an instant puke food for me.
I was told by the "experts" on here its a consistency issue.. and I TOTALLY agree with them!

I was eating poached eggs at two weeks out.. was on my soft foods list...

Stacy
I'M FINALLY A LOSER
  TOO!!!

HW 240  SW 229  CW 160.4   FG 150     FG 130-140          
highest   surgery   current        first goal   
final goal       

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/09 10:48 am
 lol I don't know how to poach an egg. =(
Johanna !
on 7/31/09 11:25 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
I ate them and chewed really well...I am not suggesting you copy me but pureed scrambled eggs were the nastiest grossest pukiest food ever.  I am shuddering as I recall me first tase of them.  The texture blach.
Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

H.a.l.a. B.
on 7/31/09 2:59 pm
RNY on 05/14/08 with
could not eat them for over 8 months post op, unless pureed.
How do you puree the eggs/ put in a blender add milk or chicken stock (a little) - puree -works well in a small cup in magic bullet.
But many people eat eggs with no problem. ...
Now i eat them - but not that often and mostly incorporated in other foods like quiches, meatloaf, omelet. etc. 
After initial struggles with eggs - scrambled eggs just do not appeal to me anymore.   

H.a.l.a RNY 5/14/2008    

Need to bitch?  or Rave?  To find new R&R - 3.0 group..- send a PM -  to get included...

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell..."

"So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...." 

christine G.
on 7/31/09 3:05 pm
for me, the pureed scrambled egg was too dry and gross.  i found doing a sunny side egg and keeping it runny then putting it in he food processor was much better.

Christine

Breast Lift/Brachioplasty January 18, 2011
Lower Body Lift March 3, 2011
Inner Thigh Lipo/Lift May 4, 2011 

seashell6417
on 7/31/09 3:17 pm - Gaylord, MN
RNY on 02/13/09 with
I pureed my scrambled eggs by running them through my food processor.  I added salsa to moisten them up and add flavor.  I sometimes cooked ground turkey sausage and pureed it w/ salsa and added it to my eggs...yum!
Tami

danie
on 7/31/09 4:10 pm - virginia beach, VA
I am 3 days out and was told to chew my eggs really good. When they gave it to me day 2 in the hospital i had to call and make sure it wasn't a mix up. I was told it was fine and to just chew really well. When i think i was done chew it 5 more times.
Robert P.
on 7/31/09 6:29 pm - Pelham, AL
I'm 5 months out, and don't enjoy scrambled eggs.  They just don't go down well.  However, I can eat an egg if it's cooked over medium, so it has some runny yolk to lubricate things.
High 468 / Surgery 433 / Current 243/ Goal 219
ejjy
on 7/31/09 6:46 pm - Watertown, MA
i can eat eggbites a la eggface.  i ate a hard-boiled egg as part of a salad on thursday and didn't have a problem.  scrambled eggs make me HURL.  i have not pureed anything, ever.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!