30lbs Down - Mini WOW moments.

IndyBigD
on 8/2/09 9:00 am

Lost my 30th pound today, Went on a 25 mile bike ride and feel great. I fit into clothes I haven't worn in 5 years, ok, the shorts were a little short but they are not 70's basketball shorts.

And in 2 days I get to move to phase II diet, I get some to eat pureed foods. Doesn't sound as exciting as I hoped it would.

I wore my heart rate monitor and for the first time in over 5 years I was able to hold HR 140 average for 43 minutes before I started really feeling like I had to slow down. I even did 150 for a while. At 53 years old 140 is about 85% and 150 is 90% MHR. I was definitely in the fat burning and aerobic zones.

Heaviest 327/Day Before Surgery 307/Current 251/Surgeon Goal 200/My Goal 180       

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/09 9:02 am
That is totally awesome and for sure a "wow!!!" moment!  Good for you!!  I can definitely "hear" the confidence in the tone of your post!  Keep up the great work!
* JuneCleaver *
on 8/2/09 9:07 am
Yahoo!!!! Congrats!

Bekah

Lap RNY 6/7/07 (Consult -196 / Current - 111.2) 
LBL/BA 8/13/08  
Coccygectomy 3/09

Bonita S.
on 8/2/09 9:08 am - Greenville, TX
That is a WOW moment!  Actually, 43 wow minutes.  I haven't felt much like exercising, but I tell you what, as soon as I'm better, I'm hitting the pool AND the gym.  I even hold out hope that someday, I'll be able to run again like I used to.  In my thirties, I loved nothing more than a long long run, 6 miles out and 6 miles back.  I also loved Nautilus and swimming laps.  When I had my back injury, I couldn't do any of that anymore, and in came obesity and diabetes and high blood pressure and depression...ad infinitum.
IndyBigD
on 8/2/09 9:11 am
Thanks to all for the encouraging words.

sara772779
on 8/2/09 9:34 am - Allen, TX
You're doing awesome.  Your postive attitude will take you far.  I'm impressed by your exerice plan so early out.  Many of us, myself included kept it basic, like walking around the block for the first few months.  I didn't know I had it in me until I started trying.  Way to Go!

I weighed 313 pounds on December 1, 2008 the day of my RNY surgery and have lost 81% 
of my excess body weight to-date.                                        Current as of November 1, 2009
OH Mini-Challenge Goal for New Year's Day is 170 pounds. 11 pounds to go!
IndyBigD
on 8/2/09 9:40 am
20 years in the military and 10 years as a volunteer elite athletic coach, the work out part I have down, it's the rest I have come to rely on my groups and the OH board to help me with.

Thanks to all, and I know I have just begun my journey.

Deedles
on 8/2/09 1:36 pm - Highlands, TX
Congrats!

With that history, you need to be our activity coach! I call it activity because just the words 'exercise workout' causes gym based nightmares!!!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

jackiestt
on 8/2/09 9:45 am - Elm City, NC
Wow! That's great. I am looking forward to being more active with things like bike riding after my surgery. You are an inspiration.
Good luck with your continued good health. Jackie

It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters.
Mother Teresa  

shellymor
on 8/2/09 12:48 pm - TX
The really great thing is- it just keeps getting better. Congrats!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 536 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 268 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics