Make ahead protein shake recipes

yvonnef
on 9/12/09 12:15 pm
I posted this on the main board but thought I would post it here as well:
I found a great recipe at Work according to egg faces' website that you make in bulk. It's a chi tea protein shake. It  is awesome! I keep it in a container on the counter and when I am need of extra protein or want a treat, I measure it up and make it on the spot. It makes things so easy. I want to know if there are anymore recipes out there that someone may know of that I can make ahead and store? I have a ton of strawberry and chocolate protein powder that I would like to find recipes for, but I will take anything!

Thank you in advance.
 Yvonne 
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength"
Philippians 4:13

Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/12/09 12:21 pm - Baltimore, MD

Are you sure you're not talking about Pam T's chai mix? No biggie, just wondering. I don't think Eggface has a chai recipe though.

Anyhoo...no I don't of any other mix recipes out there. I have to try this chai everyone keeps raving about. I keep meaning to but don't for whatever reason.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Pam T.
on 9/12/09 1:23 pm - Saginaw, MI
 Nikki - 
In case you miss my reply... I just gave you an assignment.  Come read.
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Pam T.
on 9/12/09 1:23 pm - Saginaw, MI
What an honor to be confused with Eggface.  LOL!  The Chai Tea recipe is in my siggy line. 

But you're right.  Premixed mixes like my chai tea is SO convenient.  I haven't heard of any other drinks done like this though.  But I imagine it could be done with some imagination and creativity.

Basically it's just a mixture of dry ingredients, that then get mixed with water later.  

** Protein powder
** powdered milk (if you want it to be a milk-based shake)
** flavorings

So the key is figuring out what dry flavorings there are that would work.  SF Pudding powder.  Crystal Light.  hot cocoa mix.  Tea and Coffee, of course.  Spices. Mmm... what else is a powder?   Ooo... what about SF apple cider mix mixed with fall spices like nutmeg and cinnamon and vanilla protein powder.  

Nikki is way better and inventing recipes than I am.  I bet if she put her mind to it, she'd be brilliant.  I'll have to give it some thought and maybe play around a bit.

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/09 1:28 pm
I would love a SF apple cider mix ....................yummo.........
Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/12/09 2:13 pm - Baltimore, MD
That already exists. Not a protein one. But I buy SF apple cider mix all the time. I'd have to check the brand (I've retired upstairs for the evening) but I think it is Alpine or something like that (?) 25 calories and DELICIOUS!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

turtle829
on 9/13/09 11:09 am
Revision on 08/04/15

I just read the recipe.  I don't think I like cloves... will it be missed... or will it be ok without it..

I would love to have something convenient handy.

thank you for posting.

yvonnef
on 9/12/09 1:47 pm
Oh I'm sorry Pam. Yes It is my favorite. I love it in the evening while I am sitting around the fire pit outside. As an added treat I top it with reddi whip and a dash of cinnamon. YUMMY!
I am still pretty new on my journey and somewhat afraid of mixing my protein powder. More afraid of what I might end up making that I would have to throw out! So I am relying on some seasoned WLS-ers.
I will have to just suck it up and experiement. But in the mean time if you do come up with something, please let me know. I am looking thru your blog as we speak and found some great recipes! Thank you for sharing.

P.S. the apple cider mix sounds like a good idea.  Yummmm
 Yvonne 
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength"
Philippians 4:13

newSaga
on 3/16/12 10:42 am - GA
RNY on 02/23/12
I'm so happy I stumbled on this!  I was poking around looking for recipes and found this.  I'm having a really hard time with chocolate and vanilla, and just reading the suggestions (add powders to help...mix in tea, coffee, cider mix, etc) sound so good! 

Thanks all!!!

RnY completed 2/23/2012

HW: 325, LW: 215, CW: 254, GW: 170
starting anew

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/16/12 10:46 am - Baltimore, MD
Good gravy, you dug WAY back inna day if you found a post Pam responded to. She hasn't been round here in ages!

(Thankfully she's one of my best friends so I chat with her on Yahoo every day, though)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics