vit d deficient and low platelets..???

Andrea U.
on 12/3/09 11:32 am - Wilson, NC
My sister is a lawyer!  College tuition!

My god, a 3rd postop pregnancy would kill what brain, bones, and blood I have  left.

Pam T.
on 12/3/09 12:05 pm - Saginaw, MI
What?  There's a D  newsletter?  How come nobody told me?? 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

rbb825
on 12/3/09 1:06 pm - Suffern, NY
I have been vitamin D deficient for years and been on supplementations.  Prior to surgery I had a vitamin D level of 16 and took 50,000 units weekly of prescription vitamin D.  That took my level up to about 40 which was fine for a pre-op.  But post op, it wasn't enough.  I stayed pretty stable and after about 5 months, my PTH got really high I switched to Vitamin D3, 50,000 units 2 times per week and I now have a great level of 97 with a PTH of 46.  You definitely need to be on 50,000 units of D3 atleast once a week if not twice a week to get your level up.  You want your D to be around 80-100.

I also have ITP (Low platelets) - there is no connection to vitamin D deficiency.  ITP can be caused by many things - some autoimmune, an enlarged spleen and sometimes for no known reason.  Do you see a hematologist for this?

sandy M.
on 12/3/09 8:52 pm - guthrie, KY
i was diagnoised with ITP when i was 13 so 27 years ago..it was really uncommon back then but every few months for several years i had problems - i had episodes where my platelets would get to below 2000 ..but i have not had any real issues for about 17 years ..i was curious to see if any connection because it has been so long since i have had any problems...i havent seen a hematologist since the last drop i had.  thanks for all the info..is there any place else i can buy the vitamins that yall get on vitalady.com ?
looking forward to what the future holds...
sandy m.
                        hw-330 sw-320 cw-210gw-159

rbb825
on 12/5/09 9:06 am - Suffern, NY
You can also get the vitamins at bariatric advantage.com but they are more expensive there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 99 views
Recent Topics