Drinking too much? Can it stretch your pouch?

sgnwg90
on 11/13/11 4:49 am
I have recently started gaining and I believe the antidepressants have alot ot do with it. I drink a lot but worry that I am stretching my pouch almost two years out. I cannot afford to gain more wieght look unprofessional and become dissatisfied with myu body again.
cookie1351
on 8/31/14 2:43 pm

I was taking antidepressants before the surgery and it does cause weight gain. Tell u what might work increase your b12 good for your metabolism not a expert. But something to try hang in there and be blessed .

sgnwg90
on 11/13/11 4:59 am
I need a daily weekly outlet to talk about my surgery and what I eat. My husband is the only one who knows because I want this to stay private. I am two years out and have been recently diagnosis ed with bipolar, post tramatic stress diaorder and depression. I have started gaining weight 20 lbs. over the past 4 months. My eating has not changed too much-just feel hungry all the time. I still mainly drink. But I would feel better if my meds helped me. I was told to talk to Dr. who did surgery about sertonin levels being low and the possible need for antidepressent which I am not on and psychiatrist will not check levels or prescribe soemthing for depression due to fear of setting off bipolar into manic tailspin.

Any one with medicial background and help or advice?  PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
brennannicolel68
on 10/4/13 9:02 am - NJ

I have biif you dont your tummy will hurtlolar, anxiety ,depression and panic Disorder. I am extremely sensative to meds I ve been thru 15 medications that all caused extremely bad side effects. I am currently on zoloft ambien, lorzpam, risperdone very low doses. Alot of bipolar meds cause weigh gain. They make you feel hungry all the time. I was worried the surgery would cause manic but I was fine. I would eat until I was sick food is what helped me cope but after surgery it gets easier to ignore the cravings because I dont want a tummy ache.

brennannicolel68
on 10/4/13 9:03 am - NJ

Sorry my tablet sucks. It says bipolar  lol

teddyblue
on 2/12/15 1:08 am

I am bipolar also. I've been taking  Prozac  & tegretol for about 21 yrs ago & just was sleeved but can tell you I gained 100 lbs in 1 yr. they say some lose , but I was the unlucky one. Hope you do better then me. but I have to tell you I would do it again, my mental health is Sooo much better.

vortexbanding
on 1/28/10 2:57 pm - New Orleans, LA
 Starting at around 1-yr post-op, I can easily drink a 16 oz bottle in 5-10 minutes.  
Pre-op BMI 52.6 (2008)
Current BMI 20.7 (2009)
Revision RNY 07/11/2011
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views