Foul smelling gas & BM

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/10 11:27 am
Some foods are worse than others to cause gas - if we can not digest it - the bacteria in our gut may - or the fermentation (longer transit time) and - may be silent but deadly.
I know that beans, corn, too much milk, soy and some raw vegetables (cabbage, etc) will cause my gas to be really bad.  Not even mention the SA - not only deadly but volume wise - much -, much more. So I try to avoid the foods that cause that.  Yes, that means that I will not eat beans, or cabbage, or corn, etc. But - I rather sacrifice the food selection that deal with the horrible gas, smell and pain... I also use Devrom, and Gas-X, and Beano - but all of that only works well when I also watch my diet .. (that also include limited carbs and not too high fats)
FYI: when I reached a goal - I needed to increase my calories.  I did that by adding more fat to my diet - for the first 2-3 months  - the gas was bad - but eventually - things got better.  *probably regular usage of the Devrom, probiotics, etc) had something to do with that...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

stephaniejoy
on 2/20/10 11:53 am - Mont Belvieu, TX

Your advice has gotten DH back in the room with me has stopped the paint from peeling off my walls. You are a God. 

Stephanie H.
Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.
- Bernadette Devlin
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway - Earl Nightingale
All Time High/Pre-Op/Surgery Day/
1st Goal/2nd Goal/Current

217          210          204            145       135          118
                                         GOAL!!!
April 7th 2010 - LBL/BL/BA

FARMER63
on 1/29/13 11:32 am - WI

I WAS TOLD MY GAS AND BMS, COULD KILL ANYTHING OR ANYONE THAT WALKED, i NEED TOO PLEASE STOP IT, BEFORE, I DO KILL SOMETHING FROM IT, MY SON TELLS EVERYONE I KILLED HIS HANSTER. IT WAS IN ONE ROOM, AND I WAS IN IT, AND SHUT THE DOOR AFTERME. AND THE NEXT DAY IT WAS DEAD. I AM SURE IT WASNT FROM MY BAD/FOUL GAS, BUT WHO KNOWS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME!!!.

Angie T.
on 2/20/10 11:13 pm - Somewhere, NY
I have been staying away from beans, as I found they didnt help get me out of a stall. I dont eat corn, but I do think the carb thing and sugar alcohol could be my problem. Thanks so much for your help

Kindness Matters  

Angie

Lisa D.
on 2/20/10 10:07 pm
Not all RNY'rs get bad gas and smelly bms. Myself, I only get bad gas if I eat soy so if I do a lot of protein drinks, watch out. I dont though. I knew I had problems with soy before the surgery. Luckily I am NOT lactose intolerant so I drank a lot of milk and ate a lot of regular cheese. 

For you it might be a reaction to something you are eating that your body doesnt like that much. They do make carbon panty liners though to help with the soy smells. hehe Seriously!!!! I looked it up when I first wondered if all the soy nuts and stuff I was eating during WW times was causing my gas and intestinal aches.

Good luck!!!
Angie T.
on 2/20/10 11:15 pm - Somewhere, NY

I'm not lactose intolerant either, but I do get gassy with certain protein shakes. Believe it or not, I've noticed peanut butter also makes me very bloated. Thanks for your help

Kindness Matters  

Angie

ejjy
on 2/20/10 10:32 pm - Watertown, MA
i'm pretty much fine and have been from the beginning, unless i eat a lot of carbs, and sugar alcohol definitely brings out the worst.

you might try adding some liquid acidophilus (get the refrigerated stuff from the health food store) to your daily diet and see if that helps clear it up.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Angie T.
on 2/20/10 11:16 pm - Somewhere, NY
I think that is my problem, the carbs and sugar alcohols. Thanks for your help

Kindness Matters  

Angie

Christina135
on 2/20/10 11:58 pm
My gas...is so foul.  It is SO foul, that when I am working from home, the puggies sleep under my feet.

When I let one go, THEY move.

That being said, Devrom is the shiznet.  I bought it and take one tablet, four times a day.  SO WORTH IT!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

FARMER63
on 1/29/13 11:33 am - WI

Thank you, i cant wait too buy it!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 524 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?