Why am I burping soooo much

Angie T.
on 3/1/10 3:23 pm - Somewhere, NY
RNY on 10/23/09 with
Okay, so we've had the bm talks and smelly gas so now I ask you....do you all burp like crazy after eating?

I cant believe there is even that much trapped in my pouch!
When I had the band, I couldnt burp, more like a hiccup, but this.. OMG is it normal?

Kindness Matters  

Angie

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/1/10 3:26 pm - OH
I actually only burp if I have eaten that "one bite too many"... or several bites too many, LOL... and then I burp like crazy or get hiccups.  If I don't eat too much I almost never burp.

Lora

6 years out and maintaining 190 pounds lost!  

“You don't drown by falling in the water.  You drown by staying there.”

Bonnie ABC
on 3/1/10 3:28 pm - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
I still burp all the time... but it's still all worth it lol.  And I'd rather burp than fart.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
babagrlshell
on 3/1/10 4:02 pm - Columbus, GA
 I burp all the time. It varies based on what I eat, but I haven't figured if it is because I'm eating too quickly or what. 
FirefighterWife
on 3/1/10 5:05 pm - Dunn, NC
RNY on 02/09/10 with
So glad you asked! I thought I was the only one. I feeling like I have swallowed a balloon sometimes I have so much trapped air!

Phyllis
Carlene M.
on 3/1/10 5:23 pm - Canton, Oh
RNY on 02/10/09 with
If I eat one bite too much, or too quickly...I can make a frat house jealous. My grandkids think I am the funniest thing there is when I start my "burping". The three year old walks around trying to imitate the sound...he is hilarious.
Deb Breneman
on 3/1/10 5:36 pm - Newburgh, IN
I don't start burping but noises come from my stomach that should like there is a wild animal caught inside of me.  It's crazy.  Like roaring sounds.  Ha.
Deb Breneman
HW: 250      SW: 240    RNY 1/25/2010       CW: 119 (22lbs below goal)
Message me to join our confidential FB group Deborah Marks Breneman and put WLS Support and I'll add you to the group.  Group is "secret" so members and posts are private.  WLSSupport@groups.facebook.com 

Find out details about upcoming WLS Buddy Cruises at
http://www.facebook.com/LifeCandyTravel  

Lorri M.
on 3/1/10 8:08 pm
RNY on 07/07/09 with
I am a burping machine. It is all the air down there :).  When the food goes in the air has to come out.  Sometimes it is because I ate to fast or too much--sometimes its just because. I guess you could say I am just always full of air.
Angie T.
on 3/2/10 7:55 am - Somewhere, NY
RNY on 10/23/09 with
Thanks everyone for your reply.

At least I know I'm not the only one, and it is somewhat normal.  I'm going to try to eat slower, and smaller bites and see if that makes a difference.

Kindness Matters  

Angie

jcwisor
on 3/2/10 10:23 am - Sacramento, CA
I burp while drinking vs. eating. My step kids think I am the coolest because when I burp I really let them rip! My co-workers also laugh their butts off and think its a funny "quirk" I developed after surgery.