When did you get your energy back after surgery?

jaedeane
on 3/24/10 8:37 am - Webb City, MO
I'm 2 weeks post op and while I'm finally starting to feel like I'm going to survive and be human again I'm finding that I have decreased energy, I do a load of laundry and have to sit down and recover. At this point I can't even imagine going for walks outside or trying to attempt any other forms of exercise. How long before you guys found you were back to your normal energy levels? 
Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about. ~Oscar Wilde     
HW 408/SW 385/CW 198/GW 170

hollyberries
on 3/24/10 8:45 am - Carver, MA
I felt exactly like that for about 4 weeks but after the 4th week I began to feel like myself again.  I am 7 weeks out now and I 100% myself.  It just takes some time and be willing to give it to yourself.  You have just had your innards rearranged for goodness sake.  Cut yourself some slack.

Blessings,
Cindy
Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

moondancer2000
on 3/24/10 8:56 am - Ft Rucker, AL
I dunno yet.  I am 4 1/2 months out and I still have my good and bad days.  But I found out I have low iron and am working on getting it back on track.

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

vic1993
on 3/24/10 9:12 am
It took me about 6 weeks... Thank god I was able to not return back to wor****il after 6 weeks... But have hope... Your energy will return...
5100kiki
on 3/24/10 9:31 am
The first month I just wanted to sleep and sleep some more.  The second month was a little better.  At month 3 & 4 my energy was rebounding and I went to bed early (exhausted by 7 or 8 p.m.)  At month 6 I had all of my energy and then some. Hang in there!

Debbie A.
on 3/24/10 9:40 am
 My energy returned at about 3 weeks and as the pounds have come off it has continued to improve.  

Everything happens for a reason.
HW 252

debinaz
on 3/24/10 10:00 am
 I had RNY on 12/29/09. I am exhausted about 3 PM every day. I go to bed at 8PM..
I would say I am 70% of what I was before.

your friend, Deb

leighannelamb
on 3/24/10 12:28 pm - Irvine, KY
Thanks for posting this.. I've been wondering the same thing.  I am two weeks out today and I am SO tired.  For me anyway, I went to the doctor today and then shopping for a couple hours and I came home and felt like I was going to fall asleep before I could even sit down!  IM SOOO TIRED.  I know alot of it is my body healing....and alot of it is only getting 500 or so calories a day doesnt help alot with energy.  I HOPE IT GETS BETTER SOON!
  HW335/SW327/CW191/GW>150

LeighAnne - mommy to 3 amazing kiddos
Brayden 10/11/04
HadleighLucas (twins) 5/2/09
www.facebook.com/leighannelamb (ADD ME)

LawyerGirl
on 3/24/10 1:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
You are not alone.  I'm about 7 weeks out and have been back at work for about 3.5 weeks.  I still find myself getting tired really early.  And at two weeks, forget about it.  I wasn't even thinking about doing laundry.  So, I really admire you.  It will take some time, but it will gradually get better.  And as the weight comes off, I think you'll find your energy levels increasing.   I'm not 100% there, but I feel pretty close. 

Good luck.

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
jaedeane
on 3/24/10 1:46 pm - Webb City, MO
 Thanks for all the replies, it's always nice to know I'm not alone and know that others understand.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404