My horror story

chelle614
on 4/11/10 2:37 am - Chester, NY
I am so sorry. I know what it feels like wake up from sugery only to be told it didn't go as expected. I hope your recovery from this awful experience gets easier and you keep us updated.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Lori K.
on 4/11/10 2:47 am - Spokane, WA
I am so glad you are doing well now!  I pray that it is fairly smooth sailing from here on out!
Lori   <><  
Ht.  5' 5 1/2"
HW / Pre-op SW  / CW /  MY 1st GW / 2nd GW/ Surg.GW FinalGW   

272 /  255   /  246 / 166/182(29bmi)/ 172(81%EWL)/ 163  /152 (24.8BMI)    
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.   Robert Collier

Kim5515
on 4/11/10 3:35 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're on the way back to normal now.  That's amazing and the fact that they didn't figure out what it was is unsettling.

Keep us posted on your progress and take care !

Kim  
HW 315 /CW 152/ GW 148

ROSIESMILE
on 4/11/10 3:42 am
Stay strong girl! We are cheering you on!
ladybugnessa
on 4/11/10 3:43 am - Owings Mills, MD
wow...  glad you are back among the living....

now heal and get better and eventually hopefully you will think it's all worth it.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Christina135
on 4/11/10 3:48 am
Kerry...

Your story, while not the best is one that NEEDS to be heard.  It isn't all rainbows and puppies, is it?

Thank God, I had absolutely no complications, but I feel for you right now.  Please know it's going to get better.  You sound like you are in great hands! 

You are VERY fortunate for such a great sister and husband.  Sometimes these things happen (complications) and you NEVER find out why.

Do what you need to do, keep us all updated on your status!

Here's hoping you heal very fast!  Sending you angels! 

~Chris

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

kamelion63
on 4/11/10 3:50 am - McKinney, TX
Sending healing thoughts your way and I am so glad you are ok....

Hugs

Kamelion63

Lap Band 10/2007 Had complications  - waiting on approval to have band removed and revised to RNY with NEW surgeon Dr. Nicholson!

HW 315 SW 286 CW285 GW 180

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain
hazmat11
on 4/11/10 4:11 am
 I had similar problems but it turned out I had pneumonia so I didn't have to have another surgery.  You will feel good again and most likely better than you have in years. Just get your rest now . Hope you are felling better everyday.
Susie

barbccrn
on 4/11/10 4:33 am - Las Vegas, NV
Kerry...TY for taking the time and sharing your experience. I think it's so important for EVERYONE to realize that ANY surgery(even the most minor) runs the risk of complications.. Hoping that you're on your way to recovery. My best friend had the surgeon from HELL do her RNY 15 months ago(please please please research your surgeon... EVERYONE). She since has had a gastrectomy and a feeding tube for past 3 months. She's recovering extremely slowly in a long term facility...at 30 years old! My heart breaks when I think of her nightmare and how I haven't had a single complication.
It sounds like your surgeon did everything right and thank God he was able to get you back to surgery so quickly(and luckily no leak ).
My friend also had a second surgery 4 days after her RNY...her surgeon DID NOT allow the ER physician to do a CT scan on her(hindsight...this was his FIRST attempt of covering up his botched work) he opened her back up and told her husband that there wasn't a problem with her RNY. He FLAT OUT lied.
Surgeons are human just like the rest of us. Some need to realize that and stop thinking that they're GODS.
I do hope that one day you can feel good about your decision to have surgery and this was a speed bump(a HUGE one) along the way.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

altheda71
on 4/11/10 4:55 am - Bear, DE
Your horror story is actually a story of a miracle!  You were at the brink, but God brought you back and it was of no consequence of any of the Surgeons or Dr.s.  Consider yourself one of the blessed ones.

May God bless us in all of our endeavors.  May He forgive us for our frailties and our vanities and bless us to be prosperous in health, soul, and in life.            
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 12 replies · 50 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?