Under arm bruising

Kathleen T.
on 7/2/10 8:49 am
Seem like a stupid question BBBut  anyone that have lost a lot of weight in the upper arms have your  underarms been bruising. I have lost a lot of weight in my upper arms and under my arms there is  bruising and look like it spreading.  My WLS Dr. skip town a few months ago an my regular GP seems not to know the answer.

Kathleen T.
"A Man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. 
Proverb 16:9
May not be where I want to be but I glad to be where I'm at.
Working at getting the rest of the way.

12/10/2012 I'll be having LBL, BL/BA, thigh & arm lift, eyelid
Body by Dr. Sauceda    booked to 12/9--12/22
Lady Lithia
on 7/2/10 9:25 am
Never seen this, but I did get an honorable mention in the batwing contest.

How long since you've had a blood workup? Are you possibly anemic? Are you taking Iron?

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Kathleen T.
on 7/2/10 2:32 pm
After I lost so much weigh I notice the darking under my arms,  I think the bat wing have a lot to do with it but it was puzzling. Until I seat here a pick up my arms and put my hands where the brusing was and seen where ever the pressure was the bruising had began.Just got paper work for blood work in a month going home to check to see what the orders are.  Thanks have a great 4th.
Kathleen T.

Dave Chambers
on 7/2/10 2:09 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Vitamin K is helpful in helping blood clotting issue, help in reducing bruising, etc.  I just began taking 100mcg daily a couple of weeks ago.  My easy bruising issues seem to be going away already. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

nfgfaniam
on 7/2/10 2:18 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
This is NOT meant to scare you but you need to see a PCP right away. Mysterious bruising is a sign of leukemia. My close friend is on her 2nd round of chemo from this. Her first symptoms: wierd bruises that got very large out of nowhere, with no injury to the area. Please see a Dr. soon and keep us posted.
~Sharon Marie

nfgfaniam
on 7/2/10 2:19 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
If your GP doesn't know you need to go to another doctor. Mysterious large bruising is nothing to mess with.
~Sharon Marie

Kathleen T.
on 7/2/10 2:42 pm
I"m doing the 1 aday aspirin for the heart and wonder if that has anything to do with it. Something I have to go from one Dr. to another when they are not listening. You are not making me scare I have alright throw a panic attack.  After the attack I go on a mission and don"t stop until I get answers.
Kathleen T

Lady Lithia
on 7/2/10 3:09 pm
I am a high school teacher, and one of my students, a cheerleader, had mysterious bruising. She was preparing to cheer for a football game, when the cheerleader squad leader noted that she had a lot of bruises on her leg. My student told the leader "I don't know why, I seem to bruise real easy" and she proceeded to show them... she poked her leg for a moment and said "that'll be a bruisein a minute" and sure enough it was. The squad leader had the presence of mind to realize that this was serious, and the fairly physical demands of cheering, including falling into the arms of waiting cheerleaders and other things was possibly dangerous. The leader encouraged my student to call her mom, and then she waited in my classroom until her mom got there. Her mom took her to the E.R. and she was admitted. Two days later they transferred her to another hospital more able to deal with her issues. She did not have leukemia, but she had a form of anemia that was VERY dangerous... compounded with clotting issues. the doctors told her that if she'd gone ahead with her cheerleading routine ... or even the practice... she would likely have bled to death. As it is she had to have massive transfusions before they got a handle on her issues. I was so distraught because she was such an awesome young person... I was afraid I was going to lose her! 

Good luck. Don't wait on the investigation though... this could be serious

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views