Vienna Sausage?

tee_lee
on 7/30/10 9:37 pm - Columbia, SC
I was looking at a can of vienna sausages the other day and wondered if they are okay to eat.
They are soft, so can easily be chewed up.

Granted, not a whole lot of protein - 5g per can.

But it would be something easy to pick up if away from home and needed to eat something.

FOXYBROWN MAMA
on 7/30/10 9:45 pm
 My trainer suggested them as well as potted meat and liverwurst.  The sodium content might be high.

"'I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle...but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."-- Marilyn Monroe

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/30/10 10:22 pm, edited 7/30/10 10:22 pm - Baltimore, MD
You hit the nail right on the head. You're very new so you need to get a lot of bang for your protein buck. Those things have a lot of calories, fat and sodium for that little 5g of protein.

Tuna, low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat no-added sugar yogurt--these are all better choices that are soft.

Plus vienna sausages...I don't want to tell you what animal parts they are made of.

ETA: btw, if you ever double post, there is a delete button. So long as nobody has responded to your post, it will go away completely.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Ambria
on 7/30/10 10:27 pm
After 2 weeks post-op, my doc put me on a low carb diet and said eat whatever as long as it is low carb. I tried the vienna sausage thinking it was soft and I could eat it. it didn't agree with me.  But I will try it later on. I guess I just had a fussy pouch or it was trying to tell me to get all those animal parts out of my stomach...

I love vienna sausages though.

mimi11
on 7/31/10 3:18 pm - Cullman, AL
They have a lot of fat content and made me dump.  I love the taste but my tummy says no.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 389 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 13 views
Recent Topics