Reversing roux-en-y

moondancer2000
on 8/18/10 10:57 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
TOUGH LOVE TIME!

I am going to tell you the same thing....SERIOUSLY????  You are 2 months out and you want to give up??  Why did you even have this surgery if you thought you could do it by yourself in the first place???  Did you think it was just simple thing to do just BECAUSE???  WTH???  Don't you think we ALL went through something?  You just had MAJOR surgery and did you expect to feel hunky-dorky right away?  I still have problem at 9 months out, but I don't whine about it cause it's all part of the HEALING process. 

Oh yeah I don't have much hair to pull out, but I will live with it, cause I get to LIVE now!

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/10 6:05 am
 Well, moondancer2000, what kind of problems did you have?
moondancer2000
on 8/19/10 7:39 am - Ft Rucker, AL
I had pneumonia at 2 weeks because I was non-compliant with my breathing exercises.  I have developed orthostatic hypotension, it's when my bp drops very low when I stand up too fast.  Last few weeks my gut has been very very grumbly, don't know why.  But it talks and talks LOUD!!!  LOL There are days I am so freaking tired I can't move, but I do.  There are days nothing NOTHING tastes good and I don't want to eat, but I do. Pretty common stuff.  There are other stuff I am sure, but I view them as part of my life now and deal with it like I deal with other things in life. 

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

rels1962
on 9/28/14 5:32 am

I just had mine done it and I want my reverse to I had a breakdown they never told me how hard it would be I wanted to just die I hate it

Rcos
on 1/26/16 7:55 pm
RNY on 01/21/16

Can I ask when your roux en y was done and did u have it reversed?  If so when and who performed it? 

goldenpons
on 6/29/16 10:04 am - Ashland, KY

i had my roux en y done in dec 06, and had it reversed in march 2011, as i was near death from malnutrition.  the reversal saved my life and i am thriving now.  i have gained about half my weight back but did not return to my most obese.  my reversal was done by dr jeffrey allen in louisville ky and he is excellent. saved my life. hope this helps

Jeanne190
on 8/18/10 1:22 pm
Wow!  I had no idea you could reverse it!  Thanks for all your information!  I love this board!  Sorry you've had so many problems....I just pray that a reversal would end the problems! 
Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.  ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

Teresa S.
on 8/18/10 2:31 pm
i too had these thoughts...when i was about two or so months out.... i started looking into getting it reversed. This was just me being in my paranoid stage that i went through the first four months after surgery.. the complications that i was having were weakness, vertigo, and labs were low...  i got in gear,,, not that any of you arent,, but i was not taking my vitamins, drinking my pills, and getting protein and fluids in.... mind you that i was but i was a toddler  to this game i was just learning what type of vitamin to take how much to take,,, nothing like what it says on the box....my point is me getting on here  and getting educated has done wonders for me... I now dont think of ever having to reverse my rny. me and my tool are getting along great now.. sometimes he gets mad at me... but at the end of the day and a couple of gas-x were fine:) tmi....i wish you nothing but the best of luck and at the end this is your decision and i hope you make the best one for you... good luck!!!!!!!
GOD BLESS
LOVE, TERESA

bridget B.
on 8/18/10 9:12 pm
being reverses has more of a surgical risk than the RNY and revision u had.  Good luck finding a surgeron who will do this.  I'm sure they are out there.  Sorry you've had so many problems
You are in my prayers

Bridget Fortune Burns

soblessed
on 8/18/10 10:41 pm - NJ
I am so sorry, you are having these problems.  Again, you can find a lot of info on these boards and hopefully find a good surgeon to consult with.

Because the risk of revision surgery is even greater than with RNY, it is critical that you really research your surgeon.  S/he will need to be very experienced to keep the risk for further complications as low as it is possible to keep them.

Good, good luck to you and thoughts and prayers are with you!

:)

---Tisha
wife to M
mom 2 Z

"Pray, hope and don't worry"---------- Padre Pio
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views