How long before you needed to buy new clothes?

jnt_179
on 9/23/10 1:07 am
Just curious about when you started to need new clothes. I am 2 1/2 months and down 74lbs total. I am just now to the point of needing to drop a pants size. I think it was because my 24s were on the tight side when I started my weightloss journed. My shirts size went down a bit sooner but only by a couple of weeks.

HW:345lbs/SW:319lbs/CW:210lbs/GW:170lbs

hockey66
on 9/23/10 1:17 am
 I am planning to try Goodwill at first to see if I can find clothes as I drop clothes sizes.  I have already found a few that carry some nice clothes.  I think you buy when you are no longer comfortable or able to wear those baggy clothes.
Stacy  -  5'8   HW - 280   SW - 264  

loves4kids
on 9/23/10 1:20 am - Goldsboro, NC
@ 2 weeks out, I haven't had to go down a size yet, but I am loving that pants that were constricting and binding are now comfortable and shirts that just a month ago I had to wear unbuttoned with a cami underneath - I can now button and dont have to worry about the buttons pulling! (37 pounds down)

At 74 pounds down, surely your pants are getting baggy!  Yay - You!!  Don't go around saggin' girl cause that can make you look even bigger.
plum21
on 9/23/10 1:43 am - Miami, FL
 Funny you should post this - I'm one week behind you and I'm annoyed that, despite the fact that I've lost 50 pounds (and am happy with that - but check you out with 74!) I still haven't lost a pant size. It's true, my jeans were super tight before surgery, but they're not falling off yet. I tried on a smaller size (happen to have jeans of every size) and they were TIGHT (but I could close them). My t-shirts are one size smaller, but I'm eager to throw away (too abused/used to donate) these size 26s.  My skirts are already too big, so I pull my spanks camisole over the waistband like a belt.
chrissyemerald
on 9/23/10 2:00 am - Canada
I was getting donations from friends for the first little while but at 120lbs down i am needing to b uy clothes now. I didn't have to buy shirts for a while because i wanted to hide the fat still lol but your pants sizes usually drop pretty fast :) try good will or any of those stores and bug your friends to go through their closets :)
Kelly S.
on 9/23/10 2:16 am
I was quite a ways out before I had to buy new clothes because I had SO many sizes in my closet.
dasie
on 9/23/10 2:16 am
I do not work outside the home, so my case may be different from those who work outside as well.

I wore size 24 the day of surgery.  I had one size each 22, 20 and 18 pants that I had for years.  i wore the size 18s until they were falling off.  One day, while at my daughters, her roommate gave my quite a few items she no longer wanted... lots of pants size 14.  I wore those until I wanted something that "fit" because I was tired of looking pretty pitiful.  When I bought my first new pants, they were size 12 with one size 10.  I now wear a size 8 and have bought 3 size 8 pants.  My goal is size 6, so I am fine with the 3 I currently own.  I also do not like to wear my pants tight, so when I slide into a size 6, I should still be able to wear the size 8s.

Erin7602
on 9/23/10 3:30 am - Wilmington, DE
it's funny you put up this post because i'm 3 months out and haven't needed to get new clothes, but this past week my pants that used to be tight...well, they fit when i first put them on but then they are so stretched out by the end of the day that they are barely hanging on. so i'm probably gonna go buy a couple pairs of pants to get me thru the next few months as i keep losing.
  -Erin

curvaceousdiva
on 9/23/10 3:39 am - Hyattsville, MD
I am doing my first shopping trip this weekend nd Im 100 or so pounds out. I bought a bunch of belts and wore my other clothes.
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
vervetoloose
on 9/23/10 4:25 am
I have had to get new clothes along the way (probably more thanAI should have) but nothing is better than OLD clothes for feeling good. Yesterday I wore a pair of Lee jeans that I have not worn since I was 18. I kept them around because I loved them soooooo. Now mind you they have traveled with me through several residence changes, 2 kids, a long marriage until yesterday when I could finally put on my vintage Lee jeans that I have loved over these  years. 37 years and they finally fit again!

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 401 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 339 views