AVERAGE WEIGHT LOSS PER WEEK?

sarahpreston
on 10/5/10 7:45 am - Lenexa, KS
Revision on 05/10/16
Samantha --

Have you checked out the post-op weight loss planner on this site? It is really neat. The link is: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/post+op+planner.php

You put in your height, weight, and % of weight that you expect to lose and it will give you a month-by-month estimate of weight loss.

For example, when I entered in my info, height: 5'4", weight: 310, percentage 75% (average is 65), it said I would lose 26 pounds in month 1, 27 pounds in month 2, 13 pounds in month 3, 7 pounds in month 4, etc. It is a nice description of the slope of weight loss and could be a good predictor.

So far, I am two weeks out of surgery and have lost 20 pounds, so we'll have to wait and see if I stick to the chart or exceed it.

Hope this helps!

Samantha S.
on 10/6/10 10:42 pm
Thank you all for the weight loss information.  You guys are terrific! 

I had my RNY last Tuesday (09-28-10) and have lost a couple of pounds.  I really believe most of this is fluid because I became really bloated in the hospital. 

I'm adhearing to the post surgical RNY diet, which in my case is liquids.  Liquid in and liquid out - if you know what I mean.  I wish I could have something more substantial that would stay in the pouch a little longer.

I feel hungry all the damn time!  ARRRGGGGG!  My surgeon doesn't allow anything but liquids (not counting jello) for about a month post op.

Thanks again everyone!
jnt_179
on 10/6/10 11:46 pm, edited 10/6/10 11:52 pm
The chart is kind of depressing. It says that I should have lost a whole lot more than what I have. I am just happy that I am losing. I have never lost this much weight per month!

Surgery Weight: 319lbs
1 month: 300lbs                    19lbs Lost
2 months: 283lbs                  17lbs Lost
3 months: 266lbs                  17lbs Lost

It has averaged out to around 4lbs per week.

HW:345lbs/SW:319lbs/CW:210lbs/GW:170lbs

Samantha S.
on 10/7/10 10:39 pm
Nothing depressing about losing an average of 4 lbs per week! 

Years ago, when I was a STRICT weigh****cher, the best average I got was about 1.5 lbs a week - and it was very, very, hard to do!

Now that I've had RNY, if I average to lose 4 lbs a week like you have, the weight will seem to drop off at lightning speed!

Best of luck to you!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views