Feeling cold after surgery

MarcosMom
on 10/21/10 5:07 am - Long Beach, CA
This is actually something I look forward to. I'm a polar bear and always have been, so if this is a change my body decides to make, I think I'll be happy. As someone hot you can only take off so much (especially when overweight due to my insecurity), but when you're cold I could definitely keep bundling up. I'm hoping that soon I'll start feeling cooler, but I feel like I heat up easily still...hope it starts making me cool down soon.

Hope you and your wife and reach a happy medium. As for my husband and I, I'm hot so the AC stays on and he has to put on a sweatshirt and socks :P

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 10/21/10 6:38 am - Belleville, IL
As everyone else mentioned, as long as there is no fever, it seems quite common. Myself (complete personal theory here...) I think it may be the body shaking off the last of the anethesia and other drugs/chemicals that go into your body.

The first 4-5 days I was home from surgery (in the middle of a 99 degree SUMMER!) I was FREEZING cold. On day 5 I actually just started shivering and sweating all over late at night (like someone breaking a fever, but I had no fever...) I fell asleep and the next day when I woke up I felt GREAT! In fact it was teh first day I really felt no pain, no nausea, no cold, no discomfort it was like my whole body just suddenly "woke up".

I was someone who could be a furnace before surgery (You could have cooked eggs on my stomach...The husband calls me his personal heat rock). And I had the 5 days of being cold, and then once my body restarted and kicked back into life again I went right back to sweating and being hot all the time :) LOL!

Here it is getting colder, I have lost a huge chunk of weight and I am actually just as hot if not more so than before! So not everyone gets colder, unfortunately. I am always jealous when I hear about all these cold blooded folks
Warmly.
Jackie

Annie E.
on 10/21/10 7:02 am
This is sooooo funny of a topic cuz I'm going through the exact SAME thing and my husband keeps laughing cuz I'm froze all the time and I used to stay hot, never wore a coat in the winter, only a hoodie.  Now I'm in sweats, socks, blanket, etc. and still cold.  I literally was shivering going to bed the other night.  Hope it don't last forever LOL.
 - Annie -                         
 GODZGRL  
Goal Weight 145 lb. Met On: 2/5/11 

265.0  (5/1/10)    242.0 (6/29/10)     136.4 (4/03/11)
 HW                        SW                        NOW 
-------------------------------------------------------

MsBatt
on 10/21/10 7:45 am
I've been cold since WLS, almost seven years ago. I wear wool socks in the SUMMERTIME. (*grin*)
ekolpack
on 10/21/10 10:33 am - Edgar, WI
I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I am so cold all the time and no matter what I do I can't seem to warm up.  My husband has threatened to move out of the bedroom because he can't sleep due to the number of quilts (3) I have on the bed.  I also go to bed in my heavy robe and socks.  I live in Wisconsin and I am not looking forward to this winter.  If I can't warm up in the fall I know it's going to be a very long winter.
The groundwork of all happiness is health.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?