Recent Topics
Most Active

Help I have a cold - what to take?

Wanda_H
on 11/6/10 12:26 pm - Esterhazy, Canada
Hello everyone,  I am six weeks out and I have such a terrible head cold and heaviness in my chest. I have no idea what I can take. Before surgery I would have taken advil cold and sinus but not now. I would appreciate anyone's help. Thank you.

slim4three
on 11/6/10 12:28 pm
 I just got over a bad cold and I found relief with nyquil.  They also have a dayquil that won't make you drowsy.  I took the liquigel form.  Hope you feel better.
 HW/Current/Goal
232/148/135
Mamacita1971
on 11/6/10 12:32 pm - Cameron, NC
RNY on 06/14/10 with
 I ended up with a head cold early on when I had my Gastric Bypass surgery...I was told I could take Tylenol Cold & Sinus. I went and bought the day/night time pack, and it did wonders for my symptoms. Get well soon, take plenty of liquids, and vit c. and try to get as much rest as you can. 
Wanda_H
on 11/6/10 3:47 pm - Esterhazy, Canada
Thank you. I just sent my husband into town to get me some tylenol cold and sinus. I sure don't need to be real sick - I just started back to work.

Genah165
on 11/6/10 5:33 pm
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  I've been doing a lot of research on what meds are safe after bariatric surgery....here's what I found.  A few meds for different conditions. I'll be looking for more lists and will share as I come across them.

DRUGS THAT ARE CONSIDERED SAFE..........

Bendaryl Tylenol Dimetap Robitussin Safetussin
Sudafed Triaminics (All) Tylenol (cold products) Tylenol Ex Strength Gas-X
Phazyme Imodium AD Colace Dulcolax Suppositories Fleet Enema
Glycerin Suppositories Milk of Magnesia Peri-Colace    

Hope this helps...

Mommy2R
on 11/6/10 7:10 pm
RNY on 06/16/10 with
I had a head cold/sinuses a few weeks ago. I took some 'capsule' type meds but didnt' feel any effects? Not sure if it moved through before being dissolved or what? So I bought some liquid Theraflu Cold/Sinus Warming Relief...and it worked wonders. I felt relief almost immediately, and was able to get some rest!! Hope you feel better soon!
Heather Lundquist
on 12/26/10 3:42 am - Hamburg, NY
I just caught a cold, too. Will go to Walgreens today and pick up some Tylenol Cold and Sinus.