Adult Sugar Free Gummy Multi Vitamin??

seattledeb
on 12/11/10 5:41 pm, edited 12/11/10 5:43 pm
The problem isn't the sugar free part..it's that they don't have all the micronutrients you need in a multiple vitamin. Can you not take pills yet? I still don't do well with calcium pills but adult multivitamins slide down easily for me. I got sick of the grit too and tried the pills. It works for me.
Deb T.

NewKBear_2010
on 12/11/10 7:26 pm - Grosse Pointe, MI
I got my adult gummies at Costco.  Didn't even think to see if they were sugar-free.  I've never had a problem though.  I take two a day, and so far, so good with my labs.

poet_kelly
on 12/11/10 11:06 pm - OH
Do they have minerals like zinc, copper and selenium?  And all the B vitamins?  I've never seen a gummy that did.

Kelly
sfrench5
on 2/20/14 12:51 am

I found a gummy that has everything but copper AND it's sugar free! Do a search for Slice of Life Multi (get the sugar free one). I checked and this particular gummy vitamin is for adults and is sweetened with a fruit called Lo Han Fruit and apparently that is the only alternative sweetener that doesn't convert to sugar alcohol in the body. I've switched to this gummy. It's pretty good for sugar free. I just can't swallow those other ones anymore. I found the company's website here if you want to check it out: http://www.heronutritionals.com/products/slice-of-life-/sugar-free-multi-

Andrea U.
on 12/12/10 2:00 am - Wilson, NC
Of course not, you are less than 3 months out.

Let's talk at a year.

pamkb
on 12/11/10 9:00 pm - Crestview, FL
you'll get a lot of mixed feedback on gummies.

My NUT and Surgeon both say absolutely not on the gummies, that they don't provide everything we need.  There will also be some long term post-ops here that will tell you to just throw away the gummies that they are worthless.  Others seem to have ok labs with them.

If you are going to take them, make sure you read the RDA label and know what is in them and what percentage of RDA and remember that most of us are prescribed to take double the RDA so you may need to take more than 2-3 a day and you may need to supplement what is missing.

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)

chrissyemerald
on 12/11/10 10:11 pm - Canada
Our surgeon told us we don't absorb the gummie vitamins properly so not to take them....
LogansMommy
on 12/11/10 10:36 pm - Marietta, GA
Michelle,

Please consider the BA multi- that you add to your water.
www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/categoryHandler
or check out the ones you can just swallow.
www.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/categoryHandler
BA does offer samples!

Plus there are some great vitamin gurus on OH; they can help with all your needs.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/aullberg/

I will toot Andrea's horn...she is wonderfully educated on vitamins and has a great outlook!
Wishing you well on your vitamin searchCheri

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kaitlin N.
on 12/11/10 11:18 pm - Dallas, TX
I have yet to see a gummy vitamin that comes anywhere close to meeting our needs.

Additionally, there have been several studies linking gummy vitamins to tooth decay in children. Even with small amounts of sugar, the gummy residue adheres to teeth and causes very bad decay.
--Kaitlin                       Start - 285 / Surgery - 267 / Current - 177 / Goal - 170
photo
Sharyn S.
on 12/12/10 12:06 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with
You're almost 6 months post-op.  Buy a good quality multivitamin tablet and swallow it.  You don't need chewables anymore.

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 528 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 333 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 325 views