SNAP Food Assistance

Liz J.
on 1/11/11 10:59 pm - Woonsocket, RI

Can I buy protein powder at Walmart with SNAP Food Stamps? I hope so! Because if they allow soda, Doritos, Twinkies etc. they SHOULD allow protein powder.

Liz

gwheezy41
on 1/11/11 11:13 pm - Fullerton, CA
Yes! You can.

Liz J.
on 1/11/11 11:43 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Really!!?? Thats awesome news. Do you know from experience or did you look it up? If you looked it up would you share the link?
poet_kelly
on 1/12/11 1:18 am - OH
It depends on how products are labeled.  If they are labeled as food, you can.  If they are labeled as "nutritional supplements" you can't.

Kelly
CRAZY_BEAUTiFUL
on 1/12/11 1:19 am - Newark, DE
You can & I know from experience. I got the Body Fortress one.
Liz J.
on 1/12/11 1:46 am - Woonsocket, RI
Perfect! Thats the one Ive been using.
Kimberly129
on 1/12/11 2:05 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 12/02/10 with
I have tried a few times to get the Body Fortress protein powder from Walmart with SNAP and no luck, but I can get Pure Protein powder from HEB with SNAP, so I guess it just depends on how the store has things labeled
HW389 SW367 CW273 GW180 
1lb lost is 1 step closer to your g
oal !!

Angi W.
on 1/12/11 6:54 am - AL

It is totally in how they have it labeled in their computer because I was about to get the vanilla body fortress once but not the chocolate because it wasn't listed as food and neither was the cookies and cream... So all you can do is try and see what happens..

Angi

Just getting started after 8 long years of research I am looking forward to  actually getting started.  It's about getting my life back! I know this is a lifestyle change forever, but the life I'm living now, even though I try to be happy, isn't what it should be. This is the tool that will allow me to start Truly living!

Carebearny1999
on 1/13/11 3:27 am - Rochester, NY
In a pinch you can always get the Carnation Instant Breakfast NO sugar Added (BLUE box) and add dry milk to it---both of those are covered by SNAP
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics