Nioxin to prevent hair loss??

Pholaris
on 2/4/11 3:45 am
I have so much freaking hair that it is nice I have lost some and I am not looking forward to it coming back LO> But if it gets to extreme, this is something I could try, so thanks so much for your post.
Pregnancy%20ticker
fatoldbat
on 2/4/11 4:51 am
i had been using nioxin for a couple of years before my surgery....i had already suffered with hair loss due to a vitamin d deficiency diagnosed several months before my surgery.  my vitamin d level was normal when i had surgery and i thought maybe....just maybe i'd dodge the "hairloss" bullet!  NOPE!!!  at 4 months post op the REAL hair loss started.  oh....it was soooo bad!  then...at 7 months post op.....just a few weeks ago.....the hair loss stopped!  i also take biotin for my hair and nails.

the nioxin is a wonderful product!  it's very good for your hair!  but....the word is....we can''t prevent hairloss but all these products certainly help with the new growth!  and...the hair loss is temporary...i got a haircut last night and my hairdresser says that i have tons of new growth coming in!!  WOOHOO!!!

best wishes to you!!
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
acb_2011
on 2/4/11 11:28 pm

So should I start using the Nioxtin right after surgery or wait until I start experiencing hair loss?  I am scheduled for surgery on 2/15!!!! 

JessBee
on 9/25/17 5:04 pm
RNY on 09/19/17

Could anyone share if there has been any long term success with any of these products?

RNY Guelph, 09/19/17, TWH Follow up

HW: 241

Starting Weight: 238

OPTI: -15

SW: 223

GOAL: 165

Susank505
on 2/5/11 2:34 pm - Mt. Pleasant, MI
I already had thinning hair PRIOR to my RNY.  I have used Nioxin in the past and I did like it but now I use Bosely and like it much better!  There is NO hair in the drain every day.  I have no idea what will happen later when the RNY hair loss begins but I will let you know if this helps!

Good luck to you!
~Susan~    HT 5'6"
HW 278 / PRE-OP 270 / SW 260 / CW 197/ GW 150

WOOHOOO!!!!  I AM 60.8% TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
"Be the change you want to see in the World" - Ghandi

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views