EXCESS SKIN after losing 200 pounds

Lady Lithia
on 3/29/11 7:40 pm, edited 3/30/11 6:53 am
I've been wanting to post this for a long time. To share the less glamorous side of weight loss surgery because if you have a LOT of weight to lose, you might end up with some of the following when you look in the mirror.

Here is where i came from:

Now here's the good news. This is me, now, in clothing. I am NOT wearing shapewear, and I have NOT gotten any plastic surgery. This is what a nice pair of jeans looks like. The jeans are a size 12, the top is a large.

I carried a LOT of my weight in my thighs and in my legs. Oh, and in my buttocks! 

When I look in the mirror, naked, this is my abdomen: 

I just took this picture a few minutes ago.

Side View of the above:

When I flaunt my awesome biceps, this is what I see:

There are a few more pictures of me in my profile, in the folder entitled "skin" that show off a large side view, as well as what I call my "flubber thighs".... They really look like I have a set of hippopotamus sized vagina lips drooping on my inner thighs below my own..... seriously.....earlier in the process when they had more fat in them, they looked nothing so much as a pair of bull testicles.

This is a less-than-glamorous side of weight loss surgery that is often not shown on here, and I thought I would share.

Overall though.... I'll take what the mirror gives me, when nekkid, if I can enjoy what the miror gives me clothed: 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Ran Ran
on 3/29/11 8:11 pm
 Congratulations on the weightloss.. And I have to say your metaphors cracked me up :)

Lady Lithia
on 3/30/11 5:07 am
Glad to give you a little humour! I find it easier to laugh about my body than to cry about it.

Mrsmoons
on 10/24/17 5:33 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Ok, odd question, but my butt is big and I'm worried about loose skin there. Is that a problem you've had?

yecats44
on 3/29/11 8:28 pm - Kennebunk, ME
Lady Lith,
I think you have been a very grounding force on this site. I enjoy your posts and your sharing, and your patience with the questions all of us new folks ask.

Sharing what occurs in the process and afterward, embracing who you are, and who you have become and what you have accomplished is awesome! Your openness and humor is uplifting...I never realized it when I began how much we do NOT know going into all this. The gravity of it, and the far reaching effects and implications. And I have not even had surgery yet! (April 11).

Again, thanks, and keep the posts coming. I look for you daily!
                         HW 297, SW 253, CW 228, GW 155

Lady Lithia
on 3/30/11 5:07 am
Thank you Stacey, I try to do what I can, though my participation on OH comes and goes with my real-life situation. I will probably seem to disappear when I return to work on Monday. But I've enjoyed hanging out and helping whenever and wherever I can,

Price S.
on 3/29/11 8:59 pm - Mills River, NC
Ya know, most of us don't have the opportunity to see others with big losses naked.  I really appreciate your openness.  I have "only" lost 80 to date but at 62, there isn't a lot of stretch back in my skin anymore and I have a lot of areas that look similar to yours.  Thanks for showing me that mine isn't un-normal for us.  I'll just cover the areas which really bother me and hope in a year or so for some redistributing.  No PS for me.
Thanks again.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lady Lithia
on 3/30/11 5:05 am
I think it helps to know you aren't alone.

That was one of the things I really loved about OH when I got here. I found people who understood what it was like to be obese, the challenges, the emotional turmoil, the physical limitations.

In losing the weight it's important to also know we aren't alone, in the droop and sag and pathetic melted wax figure that greets us in the mirror

curvaceousdiva
on 3/29/11 9:20 pm - Hyattsville, MD
my arms arent too far off from yours.. but when folks ask me now I say I LOVED being nude fat but LOVE how I looked CLOTHED now LOL
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Lady Lithia
on 3/30/11 5:01 am
Well you are one SEXY woman clothed! 

I think it's about finding that placce of happiness..... I might not be happy with the nekkid body, but I'm very pleased with how I am in clothes.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 195 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views