Mouth sores

Teresa_Ann10
on 4/1/11 3:18 pm - Beech Creek, KY

Has anyone experienced mouth sores due to malabsorption??? I have several and was curious as to why I had them and how to treat them so I went to a medical site and one of the causes of the sores was listed as malabsorption.I just wondered if anyone experienced this as a warning for problems about to arrise.Should I be concerned or am I being too precautious? These sores hurt badly and its hard to eat anything.I know my labs in Dec were acceptable but calcium and iron levels were borderline low. Any advice appreciated.

Teresa

poet_kelly
on 4/1/11 3:44 pm - OH
We actually want our calcium level on the low side.  I can explain why if you wanna know.

What was your vitamin A?  Vitamin D?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Bucketta
on 4/1/11 8:21 pm
 Have you been on any antibiotics?  If so you could have a yeast infection in your mouth.  Thrush is what it is called in babies and is the same thing in adults.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

zoeyfae
on 4/1/11 10:22 pm - Marysville, WA
Canker sores?
So many things can cause those things. From what I've read even low iron levels can cause them. Stress can cause them!

If you are in pain, you should be concerned. Especially if you are having a hard time eating. I bet your nutritionist would have some great ideas for you! :)
Gastric Bypass- 12/7/09

Highest Weight on Record: 311
Before Pre-Op Diet: 295
Day of Surgery: 287
Goal: 175 (Surgeon) 165 (Personal)
Current:155
New Goal: To get a Pregnant Belly!
Carla M.
on 4/2/11 12:27 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
I know this sounds like a long shot, but try upping or taking extra magnesium. I have had this problem my entire life and have to CONSTANTLY take magnesium. My sister and my mother just started having some issues with sores in their mouths and asked me what to do. I told them to take Magnesium and see if that helps. Amazingly enough, it worked for both of them. It can also be an allergy related symptom as well. It truly is allergy season and that can also cause mouth sores. You can also try seeing an allergist.

deboinspace
on 4/3/11 5:07 am - CA
Hi,
I have experienced mouth sores as well and was told that it is a symptom of malnutrition. What helped ease the pain until they went away was this mouth moisturizer made by Kimberly-Clark. I don't know about you but my mouth had tiny bumps as well as my tongue. Not sure what vitamin I was lacking.
mrsbeth40
on 10/25/11 12:45 pm - MS
My daughter rhuemotoid doctor said lack of folic acid my daughter has mitochondrial disorder she is 11. I take it when my mouth get sore it works
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views