OT: Ruby Gettinger - last night's episode

johns-wife
on 4/18/11 1:30 am, edited 4/18/11 1:36 am
I HATE Denny. Why does he keep leading her on. How can he say " I'm not interested in a relationship with you because you don't have a hot body" and then hug and kiss her (in the mouth).. That's crazy. He knows how she feels about him.  Still.... I have a friend who say Ruby does this to herself because the only guys she seems to be interested in are those who look like gym rats or personal trainers. But why should she limit herself to other MO partners simply because she is MO?  
grmadeb01
on 4/18/11 1:38 am - FL
i saw last night episode also and yes he is jerk, but she was also getting in her digs also.. there were several times where she made snide remarks for no reason.....after the relationship they had, they can not be friends with out the jealously coming up...i can see this, i just dont know why she cant see it...

i have watched this show from time to time...but i am about over it...sometimes i think she just whines too much...my question is do you think she had weight loss surgery in the very beginning? i do..but do not have any proof of that...was just wondering..

anyhow back to the real world...
have a great day
debby
johns-wife
on 4/18/11 1:46 am
Yeah.. that kindof bothers me too - how the show is always talking about how she is trying to lose weight the right way, the healthy way.. etc. I had WLS and that was definitely the right way for me, and I'm pretty darn healthy at the moment. I guess I watch the show to see if she will eventually decide to have WLS -she has mentioned that possibility before but her doctors talked her out of it. I suppose Style network would lose it's only high ratings show (other than too fat for 15 - which I also watch .. lol) . Ruby does whine a lot, but her experiences as a MO are so familiar that I watch to remember what it was like. - what it was like to be on a plane, to look for armless chairs in restaurants, to wonder if a seat could hold me.. etc. I see her struggle with food addiction and self esteem issues that make me want to watch her - to see if she can succeed.
mandajolyn
on 4/18/11 2:22 am - Tallahassee, FL
I wish she would just drop him for good! It's clear he can't love her as she is and no one deserves that! I know he wants her to be healthy but he treats her like she's his option while he's a priority in her life and she loves him even though he treats her like he does! He doesn't deserve her and her friends have tried to tell her this but for some reason she allows him to keep playing head games with her! My husband has loved me for me, not for what I weigh! Yeah he's been worried about my health and wanted me to lose weight, but he's always loved me the person regardless. That's how it should be and Ruby knows he's no good for her yet she keeps him around for whatever reason! I've watched the show periodically but never really got to into it. A lot of people can relate to her struggles and she's an inspiration for a lot of women.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

grmadeb01
on 4/18/11 2:57 am - FL
i really dont understand why she keeps him around...an EX is a EX for a reason....i would never spend hours on the phone with an ex...i would not go shopping with an ex.... icertainly would not go on vadation or stay at an exes house...she has to be honest with herself, that she is hoping that they will get back together...that is why she allows him back in her life....
i watch this from time to time..but i think Ruby has had weight loss surgery, just not sure which one..i just wish they would admit to that...anyhow, yes there are alot of women that can relate to her and her struggles...
have a great day
debby
ANNI D.
on 4/18/11 3:00 am
As a formerly MO person (now I'm just severly obese..WOO WHOO) I know my mindset was that I thought I couldn't get anybody else and I should be happy that I had anybody at all. That's why I kept the losers in and out of my life for so long!! I think that's kind of her problem too. She doesn't want to be, what she thinks to be, totally alone without a man. I also think that she is afraid of the unknown. She knows how the relationship goes with him, so she knows what will happen all the time. If she cuts it off, she'll have to deal with situations that are foreign to her. I guess it's fear of the unknown!! If she could just get her self-image, self-esteem, etc more confident, like we are all doing, I think she wouldn't be afraid to dump him!!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Carla M.
on 4/18/11 3:03 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Oh, that show makes me so mad at Ruby sometimes!!! Granted, Her and Denny's relationship is the most unheathy thing, but it's purposeful (I think). Denny leads her on as a control thing. He just won't leave her alone because he KNOWS he has that power over her. Ruby falls for it EVERY time so she can be the victim. What a rollercoaster ride that is! If I were Jeff or Gloria, I would have left that BS a LONG time ago. Who needs that drama?!?!!? But who am I to talk, it makes good tv. LOL

I was MO, but have always been attracted to tall, skinny guys. You don't have to stick with your body type. All of my boyfriends loved me just the way I was. It's not about size, it's about who you are.

Cookietea
on 4/18/11 3:46 am
Do you think if Ruby had WLS should would be able to eat as much as she does?  I am addicted to that show.  It's easy to relate to her struggle.  Until she gets down to the buried reason she eats she will continue to struggle.  Denny is a jerk no doubt and why she sets herself up every time is a mystery to me.  I always said if I wasn't good enough for them fat I sure as heck was too good for them thin.
Karen O.
on 4/18/11 4:52 am - Weirton, WV
I personally canno****ch that show anymore. It seems to me that she just fights at every step of the journey. She's come a long way and she just doesn't seem to have the drive she once did. I found the show inspirational at first - now I just find myself annoyed by her - and ESPECIALLY by those around her that seem to enable her with the guise of offering 'support'.

Maybe it's just me and where I'm at right now, but the show is not inspiring me right now. I know my opinion is not a popular one - but there it is!

I wish her the best and I really hope she gets back on track.

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
avidreader
on 4/18/11 5:17 am - Cary, NC
I tried to watch the show when it first came on but this guy made me furious, and she made me even madder putting up with him.  I figure he just wants to be on TV and she feels he's all she can get to pay attention to her.  Also, her voice got on my nerves, and I am from the south!

Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal
250/241/139.5/125
I have a new philosophy, I'm only going to dread one day at a time.  Charlie Brown
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 333 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?