Goal Reached..I can't believe...first time I've posted one of my achievements

ohioh
on 5/23/11 12:54 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
For those of you doubting your decision or trying to decide what to do..here are some reasons I am glad I made my decisions to have my RNY:
In 6 months:
-my cholesterol has dropped from 256 to 150
- my weight has dropped from 270 to 170 (ok..not quite..that includes 8 lbs. just prior and 11 lbs. during pre-op diet)
- I can cross my legs and sit that way all the time
- I am not hot and I don't sweat all the time, in fact I get cold
- I wear a size 12 and even a few 10s now instead of size 22 pants
- I am pulling my son's large t-shirts out of his drawers because my XXLs are ridiculous on me
- I've had to get sizers on my rings
- my Pandora bracelet is huge
- I am constantly putting on clothes that fit me last week and finding that they no longer fit, exciting but frustrating too
- people don't recognize me sometimes
- I have been referred to as skinny (now that is a ridiculous comment, I am far from skinny)
- my blood pressure is 112/65
- I have energy and go out and play baseball (catch and pitch) to my 11 year old son all the time
- I am overweight instead of morbidly obese (although if I gain 2 lbs. I am obese again...seriously? ARGGGHHH)
- my fingers don't look like fat sausages anymore, they actually are skinny, it's weird! If I stopped biting my nails, they might look nice!
- I can wear some nicer shoes..I've even lost weight in my feet! Wild!

Negatives:
- under my clothes I look like a saggy, baggy, 90 year old woman (however, I am careful what I wear and have been told that I hide that well, I sure hope so)
- my sex drive isn't good...very self conscious of my body
- I don't see the same things in the mirror that other people do apparently, although I see myself as smaller..I still see a fat person
- I am 2 lbs from being obese still..snarl
- I get gassy very easily, that's frustrating
- I don't dump..that is a plus and a negative

So..you can see that the pluses are much better than the negatives (at least I think so!!) So far, I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!  That's my story so far!!  I'm only 6 months out so I suspect I will lose more weight. I set my goal as what I thought was realistic for my less than tiny frame...we'll see what my surgeon says when I go back in a week about where he thinks I should be since I really don't know.   Hmmmmm    Heather

I feel wonderful and have alot more energy!!!!  That's my story. Maybe at some point I'll post some pictures beside Calvin and Hobbes..lol. 

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
shirleyfhoffman
on 5/23/11 1:12 pm - CA
You lost 100 pounds in 6 months?!? That's AMAZING!!! Congratulations!!! I'll be 3 weeks out tomorrow and I would LOVE to know what your eating and exercising routines are if you don't mind sharing. I can only hope for a happy ending like yours!!!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

ohioh
on 5/23/11 7:52 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
First and most importantly, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS make sure I take ALL of my vitamins, get in my fluids (water, Vitamin Water Zer0 and Sobe Water 0) and get in my protein. I have found that I eat 6 or 7 times a day (that includes 2 protein shakes a day). I start my day with a protein shake (I make mine with water, I get them down easier when they are thinner...not thick). I usually mix Body Fortress Vanilla with Syntrax Nectar Cappuccino and some Kahlua SF syrup in the a.m. Then I have a snack in the a.m. (Protein ball I make, 1/2 a Kroger vnialla Carbmaster yogurt with granola in it, 1/2 a Pure Protein bar, something like that). Then I have lunch (1/4-1/2 cup chili with cheese in it and a few grapes, or a little chicken salad and a few carrots, refried beans with greek yogurt cheese and salsa mixed in, stuff like that)...then a mid-day snack...similar to a.m. (Sometime aaughing Car cheeae wedge on 2 wheat thins). Then for supper I try to eat parts of whatever I've made (no bread or past though). In the evening I drink another protein shake. I have to be honest...I have not been good about my exercise for awhile.I was doing well and walking/running at the Y at least three times a week and then our Y flooded really badly and I have not gotten into the regular routine again. I need to. Step it up! So that is really my story!!!! My labs have all been coming out good so far, I try to eat some fruits and veggies although I need to eat more. I stick to about 1/2 to 1/3 cup of food plus a few veggies usually (maybe even a little less). However, I STILL eat too fast. I'$ very frustrated with myself for that. I wait for at least 30 minutes to drink anything after I eat, usually a little. I really make sure I stick with the basics...vitamins, fluids, protein, and no drinking with meals. Now I need to I'm prove my exercise!!!!! Good luck!! (I will tell you...if you don't eat enough calories your weight loss will stop!) Weird, I know...but your body will think it's starving. Take care. Heather

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
ThinnerAngel
on 5/23/11 1:49 pm - Rochester, NY
I'm thinnerangel and even though I posted after you... you have said and mirrored my life. I just don't know how to word and express it!! Kudos to you!!

Momx4kids
on 5/23/11 4:25 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Always great to hear stories like yours! Great job!
Rhonda
SweetGirl11
on 5/23/11 5:02 pm
CONGRATULATIONS!  Great job!  

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

kelly_hope
on 5/23/11 5:40 pm - Marysville, WA
AMAZING results!! You should post some pics!

KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

dasie
on 5/23/11 8:33 pm
Congratulations....you have great stats.  In fact, your cholesterol is better than mine.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 295 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics