Chicken Broth???

Tracy M.
on 6/14/11 12:46 pm - KY
Ok...I have a problem. I cant eat much meat. It makes me hurt and throw up. I guess it's called the foamies. Everytime I eat it I get sick so I give up. I get my 60 grams of protein from my shakes which are nasty but I manage to get them down like I do the vitamins. I just want chicken broth and can't seem to find a brand that tastes good. What they had in the hospital was good. I was just back in there for gallstones and had surgery yet again. My second surgery in just over 2 months. I was on clear liquids for 2 days so they could get my liver enzymes down and that chicken broth sure hit the spot. Does anyone have any suggestions of what kind I can buy that tastes good? I have tried all the different generic brands as well as swanson, sweet sue and campbells and they all are not like what I had in the hospital. they just dont taste good to me. I was drinking 3 or 4 cups of broth a day in the hospital. it helped me get my fluids in too. I was severely dehydrated. I have tried to find what brand the hospitals use but no luck. Any input would be greatly appreciated..

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

thompsonnj
on 6/14/11 12:59 pm - Fort Washington, MD
 I'm on the liquid diet now, I like Progresso.  Good luck.

on 6/14/11 1:10 pm - OR
I use campbells chicken noodle soup and strain it, I also add some thyme and pepper to mine. Good luck!
kriskj
on 6/14/11 5:40 pm - Canada
Have you tried the powdered broth? I find if i just buy the powdered consomme, which is terribly high in salt, it tastes so much better than the ready serve campbells chicken broth.
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
Ladytazz
on 6/14/11 6:05 pm
 Have you tried the Unjury Chicken soup protein?  I've never tried it but it may work for you.
Have you tried to contact the hospital dietary dept and ask what they use?  I remember the broth in the hospital was kind a good in a strange way.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

cdm757
on 6/14/11 7:48 pm - VA
+1 for the Unjury Chicken Broth!  Tastes awesome and is protein to boot!

Just don't get it too hot...

Take Care!

Chris

Tracy M.
on 6/15/11 12:35 am - KY
Thanks to yu all for your suggestions. I will look into it all. I have thought of trying the unjury chicken soup protein but I am afraid I won't like it. I guess i will just have to break down and get some just to see. Who carries it? i will check into ordering some today.

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

kriskj
on 6/15/11 4:29 am - Canada
you just have to order it from their site. www.unjury.com it is real good. prob the best protein supplement i have tried. The only downfall is that you cant heat it beyound a certain degree. So it doesnt stay hot as long as i would like.
   Since Nov '10        Since Surgery
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 405 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views