bruises not fading?

heres2changingmylife
on 7/7/11 2:56 am
different question on bruising - I have one from IV site in hospital and one from just before surgery that still have not gone away. Is this also from a lack of vitamin K?

lindscounty
on 7/7/11 3:07 am - NE
I have the same problem...will be interesting to hear the answer. 
Follow My Journeyhttp://youtube.com/fatmilitarywife

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/7/11 3:16 am
It may be... or dehydration or not enough proteins or not enough copper.. or ....any other minerals.

It is a part of healing.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Suzanne Gottschalk
on 7/7/11 3:43 am - Columbia, MO
I had surgery 6/7 and my bruises were with me until the 3 week mark! I think it's just all part of our bodies adjusting and us figuring out what we need.
heres2changingmylife
on 7/7/11 4:10 am
My surgery was May 10th so its been way longer than 3 weeks.

Dave Chambers
on 7/7/11 4:25 am - Mira Loma, CA

My surgical bruises healed quite fast.  But I began having severe bruising in my arms, without any major trauma to cause them.  I began by supplementing with one vitamin K supplement (besides what was in my multi), and noted some improvement over the next 10 days or so. I bumped it up to two of the small K pilled supplements daily, and now I rarely see any bruising, UNLESS I've had some major trauma (like carrying heavy objects, falling down, running into furniture or walls, etc.).  So it appears the vitamin K helps me with this issue. The bruising became very noticeable around 2 1/2 to 3 years, and now at 5 years any buises are small. Prior to using the K supplement, I often had bruises the size of silver dollars on my arms.  Bruises today tend to me smaller than a dize, unless I had trauma to my arms.  Surgical nurse that works with my surgeon suggested to use it, and it appears to work fine. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

AddisynsMommy
on 7/7/11 11:25 am - FL
 I have one big bruise on my forearm from where the iv blew my vein and you can still see the bruise and the sides of my legs from giving myself fragmin i still have bruised looking spots and my surgery was back in march. I just figured the bruise on my arm was from how the veing blew it caused it too actually burn my skin the saline and scab up in some places and my skin peel off so figured it just damaged my skin. the legs is weird the *bruises* are still visible
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/7/11 11:41 am - OH
Keep in mind that 1) some bruises are simply deeper than others and take longer to heal, 2) your body is busy healing all the SERIOUS "injuries" from the surgery, and 3) it is trying to do it with VERY little nutrition coming in, so healing may well take longer than usual.

Nothing to worry about.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

AddisynsMommy
on 7/7/11 11:49 am - FL
 oh and i might want to add with an iron level of 4 im sure it doesn't help the bruises i have and i get on a constant basis. I can't wait to see how my iron is this month when i go for my follow up
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 179 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 396 views
Recent Topics