This has made WLS worth everything!

mandajolyn
on 7/12/11 2:00 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and told that I would probably never be able to have kids! It's something I've always wanted and something my husband and I have tried to accomplish for years! My reasons for having WLS were to get healthy and to be able to conceive a child. Now at 16 months post op Im pregnant! We are very excited and this has come as a complete shock! We got the ok from my surgeon to start trying in March. This is one of the many things that has made WLS worth everything I've been through since surgery! It hasn't been easy but I've got my life back and now the thing I've wanted for so long that has been so far out of reach because of weight related issues is actually happening!
DH had WLS in April and is doing well! We are thrilled to be able to be bringing a child into this world as healthier, stronger parents!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Used2Bthin
on 7/12/11 2:05 pm - Canada
Congradualations
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Antonia R.
on 7/12/11 2:09 pm - University Park, IL
VSG on 06/11/13
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 16 and have been diagnosed with the same condition. I now kids are far off for me. However, it's one of my dreams that I hope will be possible.

I hope you have a healthy happy pregnancy.......I guess you are switching to Prenatal Vitamins instead.........LOL
bunnicash
on 7/12/11 2:14 pm - Sedalia, MO
That is soooo awesome!! I am really happy for you. I had surgery 3 months ago with the hopes of the exact thing happening afterwards. YAY !!! You give me hope cuz I have pcos too!
Cherylkas
on 7/12/11 2:17 pm - PA
 A huge Congrats! Becoming a mom is the BEST thing I have ever done. And having wls has helped me become such a better mom too. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Celia S.
on 7/12/11 4:53 pm - Grand Junction, CO
Congratulations! That is very exciting news!

Motherhood is an amazing journey and I'm so happy for you and your husband that you are finally able to experience this after all of your struggles.

I already have a child. A 2 year old girl who is my world. Hubby and I definitely want more children but my weight has a huge impact on my fertility. I'm hoping to correct those issues with my WLS as well. It will also be exciting to have an actually baby bump with my next pregnancy instead of just a fat belly :)

I wish you a very happy, healthy pregnancy!!!

dasie
on 7/12/11 6:08 pm
...so happy for you, CONGRATULATIONS.

WildHeart101
on 7/12/11 8:18 pm - Lexington, KY
Congrats on your pregnancy AND your weight loss!!
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 7/12/11 10:04 pm

Congratulations!!

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

orangecrushed
on 7/12/11 10:08 pm - Triad, NC
Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your husband! I hope that your pregnancy goes smoothly, and we get to see some cute baby pics before too long.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 450 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404