Can you make pudding with Almond milk?

aanmarie
on 7/29/11 4:18 am - NY
Has anyone tried this?Just wondering if it will work?TY
Pholaris
on 7/29/11 4:28 am
You'll need a thickening agent, like corn starch, but it is doable.
Pregnancy%20ticker
(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 4:28 am - North Brookfield, MA
I did, with sugar free instant butterscotch pudding mix.... would not set up, ever! lol.
Dave Chambers
on 7/29/11 4:28 am - Mira Loma, CA
Try it and see. I use regular FF milk, with unflavored whey isolate protein dissoved in the milk.  Works well--SF treat with substantial protien, 20g per 3 oz serving. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

dasie
on 7/29/11 4:33 am
WOW...my family and I talked about that just last night.  Years ago we wasted a lot of soy milk and pudding mix trying to make it with soy...this was before they put on the box soy milk would not work.  If, like the other poster said you need a thickening agent, then I don't think instant would work well with almond milk, but the one that has to be cooked would.

Price S.
on 7/29/11 4:48 am - Mills River, NC
I don't know about almond but I do use Soy and add protein and freeze it.  I mix the soy milk and pudding powder, using 2.5c instead of 2. Then divide it into 4 freezer bowls.  Add 1 scoop of protein to each serving.  So when I make chocolate pudding, I can put chocolate protein, chocolate / peanutbutter protein, latte protein, you get the picture.  Vanilla gets vanilla protein, fuzzy navel, cookies and cream.  It freezes hard as a brick batt but if you nuke it for 20 sec you can eat it slowly as it melts.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

T. Deeds
on 7/29/11 5:35 am
I used to make Jello Sugar-Free Pudding Mix with almond milk before my surgery (I hate pudding now, so I don't make it). 

jerseyjuji
on 7/29/11 9:31 am
 I used almond milk last time I made pudding and it set up fine! There is now a "warning" on the box that soy milk will prevent it from setting. If you're very lactose intolerant, just an fyi....even though I used almond milk, the pudding I ate still caused alot of bloating and gas for me.  I won't tempt it again, not worth it for me. :-(

helenzee
on 10/14/14 8:45 am

I have made pudding using Sugar Free Jello pudding.  I used half Almond Milk (40 calories) and half fat free Greek yogurt.  (example:  1 cup Almond Milk and 1 cup Greek yogurt)  It thickened nicely and tasted very good.  I have used the following flavors so far;  Chocolate, butterscotch, cheesecake and banana cream. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics