Pot Smoking after Surgery

Silk911
on 8/18/11 8:49 am

Oh man JerjeyJim you slay me.... lol lol...

I love your sense of humour. LOL

OK... so if Pot works, use it as another of the weight loss tools. Try 'priming' your stomach as well. try anything once.. if it works use it again. At this journey that we've undertaken, use any tool that works... I did. I honestly thing that my hubby's tokin has made it easier for me too...

At the start of my journey, he would smoke and my kness and ankles don't hurt anymore so I COULD walk on my treadmill without pain. After surgery, the second hand smoke would make me feel kinda hungry... I'm almost a year out and don't ever really feel hunger, but I do feel the munchies... lol..

I'm a firm believer in doing what works for you. Don't let anyone else dictate what you should do unless they can prove to you that it works!

Melody

JerseyJim
on 8/18/11 12:24 pm - Sayre, PA
Thanks Melody!  I hope your husband is getting some relief and that you are enjoying your contact high. 

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

_Donna_
on 8/18/11 8:39 am, edited 8/18/11 8:40 am
Why not try something like zantac? I take 75mg twice a day, about an hour before my biggest meals. It has really helped me a lot.

RNY 5-5-2011

seattledeb
on 8/18/11 3:43 pm
It is a good drug for nausea. We use it all the time in oncology world. The vaporizer may be kinder to your lungs and help reduce the possibility of ulcers related to smoking.
I am a bit concerned about your level of nausea though. Do you have nausea every time you eat protein? If so you really need to let your doctor know about that.
Also, be honest with your doctor about all your meds.
I hope you are able to eat without assistance soon.
Deb T.

grannygrape
on 8/19/11 5:28 pm - Gervais, OR
Go a head honey smoke your pot if it makes you fill better do it,these people sitting around with there vicadent,putting you down cause you smoke pot,come on now,do what ya gotta do,theres a lot of pain going on with this surgery,sounds good to me.as long as you dont get the muncys.L.O.L.
Joyceebaby
on 2/3/13 4:21 am
RNY on 11/29/12

Who was putting her down???  What's vicadent?  Vicodin?  You seriously think everyone who posted a "caution" is sitting around with Vicodin?  sheeesh

fashionistafriday
on 4/8/12 5:25 am - CO
 Wow, girl!  

I'm so happy that you started this post.  I am actually pre-op (scheduled for mid-June - woot woot!), but was doing my due dilligence about my own marijuana usage and how it may affect my post-op body.  Your post popped up on my google search and now I can put a tick mark next to "join an obesity forum" on my pre-op check list because of your thread.  Thank you!

So, I have been using marijuana as a remedy for my anxiety for which it has been extremely helpful.  I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of quitting because I certainly don't have withdrawl symptoms or physical dependancy.  By far, cannabis has proven better than everything else I have ever been prescribed (xanax, valium, ativan, etc.) with none of the side effects.  I feel so much better using something natural that I can grow myself, too.  Fortunately, MMJ is no longer illegal in my state and my research has actually revealed that there is scietific evidence that marijuana may aid in healing, help with evening out metabolism and have other benefits to bariatric patients.  I have been able to combat the "munchies" pretty successfully now, too.  I feel confident in continuing my usage after the bypass, but was curious to know whether anyone else has successfully used marijuana post-op.

How are things going for you and your usage?  Any tips that you can provide?  

Thanks, again, so much!!  
finaly4me79
on 2/3/13 4:06 am

I too am not sure about smoking pot after surgery. I have been smoking for 20 years. I quite while prag.  with each of my children so would not have a problem now. I find that smoking has helped me in the past with pain and stress. I came out here today to see if and how long after surgery could i start smoking again without harm.

Everyone gave help full responses for me but how long after surgery did you wait to smoke?

Lori F.
on 2/3/13 8:05 am, edited 2/3/13 8:05 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
teachergirl
on 2/3/13 8:19 am - Somewhere in, MI

All I have to say is this is from 2011, I wonder if the OP or most responders are still around?

Shawnie

Starting W: 325 Surgery W:307 Current W: 276.4 Goal W: 165  RNY: 1/17/2013

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?