Average weight loss per week post gastric bypass?

_Donna_
on 9/16/13 11:45 pm

People really shouldn't ask for averages because everyone's journey is different and it is very hard to compare.

Some people have lost in 2 months what it took me 2 YEARS to lose.  I only lost 50 (FIFTY) pounds since my surgery in May 2011.

RNY 5-5-2011

AmcfarlaneNy
on 9/15/15 4:06 pm
with

Hi guys I'm  new to this site I had my surgery August 19th 2015 I weighed in at 362lbs when I went under for surgery it's been one month and I've been stuck at 336-338lbs for about two weeks. I'm working and pushing myself to try and get under 300 lbs but it's not working getting very depressed about I have my doctors appt on Thurs so hopefully he'll tell me what's going on. 

craigga
on 12/24/15 7:27 am

I am a male who was 267 lbs at the time of my surgery, which was 3 weeks ago today. I must admit that I have not done everything the right way, I did shakes for a week, then puree food for a week and I've been eating solids since last week. I realize that's not the best thing to do but so far it is working. today I am down 21 pounds and feeling good. I do get heartburn when I eat a little too fast or a little too much but again it's a work in progress. My goal was to lose 75 pounds and between my doctors and my nutritionist they are confident I will hit that goal in the next 90 days. Be patient I have friends that have lost an amazing amount of weight it does work. Good luck

shanisemoss700
on 5/7/18 10:21 am
RNY on 04/23/18

I had gastric bypass surgery 4/23/18. I read somewhere that at some point the weight lost will stop and start up again. Since my start am 32lbs liter. I feel it but don't see it if that makes sense. I walk also and I can go longer. Keep up your work towards your goal&stay positive. ? ?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics