i want to know what your pre-op diet consisted of?

Blondie76
on 10/2/11 12:51 pm - AL
I'm doing my pre-op diet too, we'll get through this! I just keep telling myself it's mind over matter. My diet is a bit different than yours but trust me when I say I feel your pain! But, its not forever and in the long run, this is nothing! PM me if you want to talk, if we keep our hands and minds busy it won't be as bad!!
Godgaveus2
on 10/2/11 1:13 pm - WI
Ok, you're probably going to hate me. My surgeon does not require a preop liquid diet at all. I have been on my "preop" diet for over a month now because my surgery was supposed ot be Sept 19th and is now Oct 10. The dr's plan consists of 3 oz protein, 1 cup veggies and 1 cup fruit, 3x day, no snacking. I mostly just focus on protein. I have lost 25 lbs so far, so it must be working. My surgeon told me that there was no scientific reason for a liquid preop diet. He said the low carb diet shrinks your liver the same as liquid diet. He also told me the reasoning why most surgeons demand this is to see if the patient will be able to handle it postop. I am sorry you are going through such a rough time and I will see you on the loser's bench. Take care.

Amy
lilbear412
on 10/2/11 2:29 pm - MN
 I was the same....10 day liquid diet 3 carnation instant breakfasts a day and sf jello, sf popsycles and broth.  I was so un nerved by the amt. of people eating foods on their prediet i finally broke down and had a sandwich.  I also had some cheerios a few times but only a few.  Otherwise i drank my water and ate my broth (broth..uckkk).  I hardly could do the carnation instant breadfasts but tried hard to get them in.  I had to do magnesium citrate the last day so i wasn't worried about the one sandwich i had.  I did fess up to the doc about it and he shrugged his shoulders and said oh well lets do the surgery.  The anethisiologist (i cannot spell that) said the same thing. I am not saying it was right for me to do that but i can say it didn't hurt in my case to cheat that one time.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

seattledeb
on 10/2/11 6:40 pm
Clear liquids the night before.

Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 8:53 pm
cry me a river! i am starting 4 weeks of skim milk... just kidding!! i feel for you! i dont know how i will do it.  i would ask the nurse/NUT.  seriously though i am doing 4 weeks of milk...

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

AnneGG
on 10/3/11 12:28 am
2 weeks of Optifast, which I liked a lot better than protein shakes.

Do tough it out- it is worth it for self training if for nothing else.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics