I bought my first sexy Halloween costume today!!!

shirleyfhoffman
on 10/14/11 4:24 pm - CA
I was so nervous and excited to try one on. I figured that I have lost enough weight to try on a plus size one. I have never been able to buy one before because I was too big, even for the plus size ones. I tried it on....and it was too big!!! I got a women's large (size 12/14) instead of a plus size one! I couldn't believe it!!!

I know I haven't been on here alot lately, but it's true when they tell you that you finally start living your life. I can ride on any ride at the amusement park without worrying if I'll fit. I rode the rip cord at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. I can play at the park with my kids. I can shop in the women's section of the store. I can wear size 14 pants and most large or 1x shirts for the first time since middle school! I can exercise and even run! I'm having the best time of my life!

I want to thank everyone for your encouragment and support!!!

Here's a picture of my progress so far. I'm not even close to being done, but I am VERY happy with where I'm at right now and I can't wait to see where this journey takes me!!!

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Gail S.
on 10/14/11 10:25 pm - New York, NY
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I can so relate. I told my sister yesterday that I couldn't wait to buy a packaged Halloween costume. Never in my life have I been able to go into a costume shop and pick out a costume. Life is good!

kilburn_k76
on 10/14/11 10:53 pm
Congrats! I am going costume shopping today myself.....I was going to order one online, the plus size, but I think I should try some on, hoping that the plus sizes will be too big!
BoiseB
on 10/15/11 3:37 am - Boise, ID
Very exciting!  What are you going to be??

I always make a costume and usually buy accessories at the costume shop.  This year I tried some on (now that I'm finally down to a 3x) and I'm still thinking about going back to rent it.  It's a sexy saloon girl costume.  :-)   I figure my chances of being hit on as a sexy saloon girl when I go out are better than in the Mrs. Potato Head costume I made for work!  lol

HW:  407 SW: 357 RNY 7/11/11      
shirleyfhoffman
on 10/15/11 3:46 am, edited 10/15/11 3:47 am - CA
It's the blue fairy thingy with wings, a corset looking top, a poofy tutu looking glittery bottom & garters from the Party City commercials on tv, but I got it from Wal-mart. It was aroud $36, but I figure it's cheaper than lingerie. LOL

I thought about being a sexy saloon girl too! But my boobs are like two pancakes now, so I didn't think it would look good.

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views